"Crunchy" Carefresh bedding

Go down

"Crunchy" Carefresh bedding

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 28 May 2018, 10:40 am

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this lately. I order most of my pet supplies from Chewy as their prices are so much lower than PETsMART. Last time I received blue colored Carefresh, it wasn't fluffy like normal. Ya know how it comes out in chunks any you break it up into fluffy bedding. Well this didn't come out in chunks, it was all separated and it wasn't soft, it was like it was "crunchy" individual pieces. I thought I had just gotten a bad batch of it. I threw the whole bag out as I was scared to use it. I contacted Chewy and they sent me a new bag, no charge of course, they were great about it. The second bag came the same way, so I tossed the whole thing in the trash. I went to PETsMART to buy some and I could feel through the bag it was all separated and "crunchy". I was squeezing all different colors of Catefresh and they were all that way. Then I squeezed a bag of the natural color and it was fine, so that's what I'm using now. I wonder if they changed something in the way they are coloring the Carefresh. So from now on when I order it from Chewy, I will get the natural color, since I can't squeeze the bags beforehand Very Happy

It's gotta be something in the manufacturing of the colored Carefresh, nothing at all to do with Chewy or PETsMART.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Crunchy" Carefresh bedding

Post by CallaLily on Mon 28 May 2018, 11:36 am

I’ll have to check it out when I go to the store. I haven’t picked up carefresh in a while. I’ve been using white kaytee clean & cozy, aspen, and shredded paper for the gerbils. I wonder if they changed something in their processing like Kaytee did. Kaytee used to be very soft shreds and now it’s more similar to how carefresh was.

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin, Hershey & the Oliebollen Boys, Emrys & Cream
+3 babies!
Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Shocked

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 28 May 2018, 5:46 pm

@CallaLily wrote:I’ll have to check it out when I go to the store. I haven’t picked up carefresh in a while. I’ve been using white kaytee clean & cozy, aspen, and shredded paper for the gerbils. I wonder if they changed something in their processing like Kaytee did. Kaytee used to be very soft shreds and now it’s more similar to how carefresh was.

Yea, let me know what you think. When I was in PETsMART squeezing all the bags of Carefresh, it reminded me of that old Charmin toilet paper TV commercial, Don't Squeeze the Charmin! Ha ha Laughing
Rodents rock!

Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum