Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mice and fleas

Go down

mice and fleas  Empty mice and fleas

Post by Hermione_Bubba on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

I found fleas on my dog, Pixie, today & some eggs on my cat, Cuzzi. So far we've only found a few live bugs, & none have been jumping around the house. Just 5 on Pixie. I have 2 mice- Shadow & Edith- in a sterilite bin with a wire mesh top in the kitchen on a TV tray about 3 feet off the ground. We put flea collars on the dog & both cats & we're deep cleaning everything- including the animals-this weekend. Can my mice get them? What can I do to prevent it or treat them if they can? I considered cutting the excess off Pixie's flea collar & taping it to the outside of the mouse cage just to ward off any fleas but I'm worried the fumes will hurt them. Any advice at all would be great. I'm super worried about blood sucking parasites getting ahold of something as tiny as mice. Thank you.
Hermione_Bubba
Hermione_Bubba

Leo

Back to top Go down

mice and fleas  Empty Re: mice and fleas

Post by Peachy on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:56 pm

I've had fleas get to the mice before, but that was because the cat had been sleeping on their lid. (My cats aren't actually allowed to do that, btw, but they can be sneaky!) The fleas were actually gone after cleaning their cage and chasing the couple out of their fur, but it was recommended to treat for fleas the same way you treat for lice and mites, with topical Ivermectin. Here's the link if you need it. http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t1-lice-mites-and-ivermectin
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Caffeine Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermione_Bubba on Wed 15 Jun 2016, 11:01 pm

Thank you Smile
Hermione_Bubba
Hermione_Bubba

Leo

Back to top Go down