Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, we rescued an injured mouse. Back legs immobile.

Go down

Help, we rescued an injured mouse. Back legs immobile. Empty Help, we rescued an injured mouse. Back legs immobile.

Post by stellar4 on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:56 am

Hi,
My daughter rescued a mouse at her fathers home during visitation. She brought it to me as we are animal people and have rescued and released many animals, including mice. I think this little one is an adult. I was told maybe the cat there had it. This little mouse is dragging its back legs though. It is skittish, but will drink water from my hand. We haven't seen it eat, but it may have when we're not around. It looks fairly healthy except the back legs problem. We are going to feed and nurture it as long as possible. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

stellar4

Back to top Go down

Help, we rescued an injured mouse. Back legs immobile. Empty Re: Help, we rescued an injured mouse. Back legs immobile.

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 7:38 pm

Aww, poor little mouse. Glad your daughter rescued him. I believe if he survives, you would need to keep him since he has lost the use if his back legs. If he is drinking water from your hand, I would try hand feeding him. Have you noticed if he is able to go to the bathroom?
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down