Pros and Cons of Flying Saucer Wheels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pros and Cons of Flying Saucer Wheels

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:51 am

I am visiting my mice! I have noticed some obvious pros and cons of the flying saucer!

Pros-
Very quiet
Some mice enjoy burrowing underneath
Several mice can use at once with cooperation
Its very fun to watch them play, as Im writing this, Freya is running with Whitney in the middle of the wheel spinning round and round Laughing

Cons-
Poop and pee may stay more easily than on mesh
Some models are quite large
Some mice may find it hard to run on (Skye hasn't really adapted)
Makes an annoying noise if it touches glass, very squeaky
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pros and Cons of Flying Saucer Wheels

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 am

The saucers are silent in the placed well, I have them in 5 tanks. I've never had a problem fitting the 6" wheel in a 10g tank. I build a hideaway that the wheel sits on top of, so you can maximize space in the tank. Also, I've had as many as 3 adult mice running on the saucer at once!

The mesh wheels start squeaking after they've been through the wash a few times, as the paint breaks down. There is also potential for injury as the spin each other around. I've been lots of heads getting hit.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pros and Cons of Flying Saucer Wheels

Post by MouseLover on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:31 am

Haha my mice love hiding underneath their flying saucer, it's their favourite hiding spot Razz

I was just about to say the same as scaredymouse about building a platform or something for the wheel to go on top of. That way it doesn't move around and bang into things.

I love flying saucers! They're my favourite wheel. Second is silent spinners.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top