How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Go down

How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Post by River on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 1:46 pm

I hate to make another similar topic so soon after losing Garcia, but it's been an unlucky year and it's yet again something I have to consider.

Graham is now blind and deaf, and her legs aren't doing so great in her old age. She has troubles getting around and no matter how much I entice her, she hardly explores her cage. Her OCD hasn't disappeared this time around, and she struggles to balance enough to eat, even when she's fed without a bowl. Most of her time is spent curled up right beside her food pile, sleeping and scratching.

That's not much of a life to live. She's very, very old (oldest mouse I've ever had!), and it definitely shows. I love her dearly, but her time has come. She might need assistance and after doing research I decided I don't have the heart to euthanize her here at home.

I know it'll vary by location, and I'll pay anything to make sure she passes on peacefully, but just to be prepared: how much did it cost for you?

River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much did euthanasia cost for you?

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 3:15 pm

So sorry to hear about Graham Sad

I got quotes from two different vets, one was asking $75 and the other $35. It varies greatly at least where I live.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, Sage, Rocky, Jack, Willow, Blossom, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam and their pets on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 7:19 pm

Aw, I hope all can be peaceful for her Heart

My local, non exotic vet costs me 60$ Canadian. It's hard to think about, but I've heard that some vets don't give such small animals such as mice a humane as possible passing. There's a reddit blog about it, it should pop up with a Google search. A vet even defended it, cruel as it is. It's worth asking your vet to explain the procedure so that you know for sure that it is painless

Walk  Mice: Sable, Gimble, Ramen, and Max Tail Flip Hamsters: Samsung and Goby Walk ASFs: Quil, Cyg, Merv, Scant, Corvus, Roo, Rocket, Beetle, Grus, Koala, Kas, Tiger, Rook, Jabberwocky and five pups Tail Flip Cockatiel: Holly Walk Hedgehog: Finnegan Tail Flip Gerbils: Kala, Everest, and Mak Walk
Sam and their pets
Jr Member
Jr Member

Batty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera on Sun 09 Sep 2018, 12:29 am

The vet asked $60 to euthanize Zola

Cool mouse mom to: Checkers, Clue, Mahjong, Dragon, Peebee, Pumpkin, Hazelnut, Thyme, Caramel, + Olive
Love remembering: Trouble, Yahtzee, Jay, Sid, + Zola
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

View user profile https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down