Looking for answers abroad

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Looking for answers abroad

Post by Laluna on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 7:09 am

@Mercitoujours.....
Wat leuk dat jij een beetje Nederlands spreekt! Je ne parle pas françes y hablo Español bastante bien.

Merci for the advice :-) i also love to watch dr Pol. My vet also went to that school in Utrecht and it is a good vet, but there are few people in my area that have petmice. So there’s little experience i guess. Utrecht is too far for me anyway. I live in The Hague.
Laluna
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for answers abroad

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 7:36 am

I worked 3½ years in Los Angeles for a man originally from Den Haag.  All these years later I still keep in touch with him and his Finnish wife.  (He had me type out some of his correspondences to relatives in Dutch once in a while -- boy was he surprised when he found out I knew what they said ... at least in general!  "You call your uncle a 'cheesehead'??"  "What?!?!? You can read that?!?!?")

The reason I suggested going directly to the vet schools is that they may be more willing to take on some of the more rare pets, for the educational value of it.  One of my rants is: the biology arts are full of people who know how to care for, watch for health problems in, test cures on, and perform surgeries on mice and rats -- but they are biology research scientists and lab techs, with no DVM degree, and are not officially sanctioned to use their knowledge to help people with pet mice that need care.  And the people who DO have DVM degrees tend to go toward agricultural, zoo, or cat/dog/bird practice.  Frustrating.

Y, sí, yo hablo español también, más o menos -- ¡es una cosa "Los Angelena"!

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum