Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:35 pm

I bought pop. sticks from the craft store to make toys for my girls with and they have absolutely loved the homemade ladder and platform I made for them. I am concerned about how good these are for them to chew? Skye is chewing up the platform as we speak and I am not sure if it is giving her splinters? Also, I used little bits of hot glue for adhesive so I am scared that Skye may ingest too much and get an intestinal blockage.
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chewing Popsicles Sticks?

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:03 am

It's perfectly safe, that's why we use and recommend popsicle sticks. They can chew wood without getting splinters. Mice need to chew to keep their teeth healthy. Also, the hot glue is non toxic. Most likely, they will not be eating it but if they do, it won't hurt them.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:07 am

Great to know, thanks! Any advice on how to keep them clean?
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:17 am

Impossible!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 am

Hehe mice do love to chew popsicle sticks, I think it's half the fun for them Razz
For keeping them clean, you can remove any poops you see, but as it is wood, if they pee on it there's not much you can do. Eventually it could get smelly and very chewed up, and that's when it's time to throw it out and make something new Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top