thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: thinking about cheating on my mice and hamsters

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Zoey and Chloe. They are 5 year old sisters.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm

@scaredymouse wrote:Zoey and Chloe.  They are 5 year old sisters.  

Cute. Best of luck with them!

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brynne on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Congrats!  Chinchillas are GORGEOUS! Like gerbils, very low smell due to being dry desert creatures.

I had one for a year when I was young. (He didn't die, I re-homed him with my best friend.)  His name was Thor.  He didn't like being held, but LOVED playing fetch with a small nylabone toy.  In nice weather, I would put a harness on him and walk him around my apartment building when it was pitch black at night. He entertained himself by indulging in outdoor 'dustbaths' by rolling in the gravel on the edge of the lawn. Don't know what my neighbours thought of us!

Brynne
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile http://bit.ly/MyOldVHSTapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Downsizing doesn't sound so bad if you were planning to do that anyway. When do they get to come home, still six weeks? How fun!

Boys: Mika, Milo, and Wild Thing the Wild Mouse
Becky's Girls: Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, and Petunia
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Cora, Dulcie, and Dandy
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:30 pm

I kinda feel like its dumb to wait. After the initial set up cost of the cage, they aren't expensive to keep...

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Awww, poor chinchillas. Sad But I know they'll have their furever home with you. Smile I'm not at all surprised you were talked into fostering a mouse too. Laughing

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 pm

That's great!  Chinchillas are really fairly easy to maintain, just hay and pellets and tasty treats (they love shredded wheat cereal!).  It's actually amazing how little they eat, considering how active they are all night.

Are they actually litter trained?  I was under the impression that chins didn't actually do such things - certainly never seen any that showed any indication that he wanted to use a certain area.  It's typically like you took a giant balloon of chinchilla poo and popped it over their cage every night - chin-poo everywhere!  By far the most time consuming little critter to clean.  But all the poops are nice and dry, so easily swept up.

Unfortunately, chinchillas seem to be coming into shelters more and more - they are more available than they used to be, long lived, and not typically all that handle-able, so a lot of people get them and just don't keep them that long.  Plus they are social, so people keep them together without sexing them properly...
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:27 am

I can't wait for those little trouble makers to get here! They are partially litter trained, i hear they use it about half the time. I'm told it's super easy to vacuum up the poops every day. I think it's adorable that they love watching TV. I'm hoping the get them next weekend, i just have to get the cage set up.

scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:33 am

Ooh how exciting! Demand Pictures

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:45 am

That's so exciting! Chinchillas are super awesome... Never had one, but I've always been intrigued by them. My favorite Littlest Pet Shop toy was a chinchilla I named Chip Laughing

(I'm currently donating 25% of proceeds to my local low-cost spay/neuter clinic!)
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top