adding a new mouse

Go down

adding a new mouse

Post by LylyMousies on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

Dear reader or...fellow mouse owners,
i have a question!
so let me explain
I have 2 female mouses, sisters and they are about 3 months old, now recently i rescued a female mouse and currently she is in another cage but i really want to introduce her to my two other mice, but im doubting wheter thats even a good idea, im scared the two sister won't accept her into the group and might injure her, i know it takes time to introduce mice but im just scared even after that progress she will still be put down by the other two
Crying or Very sad
thanks in advance for answering!

LylyMousies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: adding a new mouse

Post by Night and Day on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:06 am

@LylyMousies wrote:Dear reader or...fellow mouse owners,
i have a question!
so let me explain
I have 2 female mouses, sisters and they are about 3 months old, now recently i rescued a female mouse and currently she is in another cage but i really want to introduce her to my two other mice, but im doubting wheter thats even a good idea, im scared the two sister won't accept her into the group and might injure her, i know it takes time to introduce mice but im just scared even after that progress she will still be put down by the other two
Crying or Very sad
thanks in advance for answering!
I know that feeling! I would recommend putting them in "neutral territory", or a place neither of them have been. Give them some toys and/or tubes in order to increase sharing and fun. If any fights break out, separate them immediately and try again in a couple of days to see if any warm up. You could also try introducing one sister at a time to the new mouse so the sisters don't gang up on her. Good luck! Very Happy

Night and Day

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selk on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 11:17 pm

Only separate them if they draw blood, otherwise let them squabble. Here are some articles to read about mouse behaviour:
- http://mousebehavior.org/flight-and-submissive-behavior/
- http://mousebehavior.org/dominance-behavior/

Selk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down