Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Green Poop in the Food Bowl???!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green Poop in the Food Bowl???!!!!

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:55 pm

I am a first time mouse owner as you all may know and so I was very alarmed when I was refilling their bowl this morning to find a bright green object in the bowl! At first I thought it was part of the mix but when I took it out with some tissue, it had the consistency of and smelled like poop! I am very scared because the color seems quite unnatural there were about 3 in there but obviously I don't know who did it because I have three girls! Is green poop normal? It was the shape of their normal poos but very green!

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Green Poop in the Food Bowl???!!!!

Post by MouseLover on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Have they eaten anything green lately? Are there green biscuit type things in their mix, that may contain green food colourings?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Their mix has little green biscuits in it but I have never seen them eat them... If so, is it healthy for their poop to be green? Their daily diet is lettuce with tiny chopped up carrots and the Vitakraft Vitasmart Rat mouse and Gerbil food.
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:08 pm

It's common for green vegetables or new foods to cause a change in poo color, usually dark green. I would say it's nothing to worry about as long as it's the normal consistency and not too bright in color, however it can mean other things that I don't really know about, so I'll let others continue to chime in if it looks different.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 pm

A lot of the food mixes have food coloring that causes poops to turn colors sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it. It shouldn't be like that all the time but intermittently is nothing to worry about. Greens and browns are fine. If you get beige poops, that's a problem.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Out of interest scaredy, what do beige poops mean?

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top