Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about mouse nutrition

Go down

Questions about mouse nutrition  Empty Questions about mouse nutrition

Post by mousymom191 on Sat 02 Mar 2019, 12:59 am

Hi!Smile I'm trying to figure out what food would be best for my 3-month-old girls. Currently, I'm feeding them, Kaytee "Fiesta rat and mouse mix"... which looks a bit fatty but I'm not sure. So, I'm basically wondering two things:
1) Is this food (in combination with fruit & veggies weekly) good for them?
2) If not, what's a brand of food (available in the US) that has a good balance of what a mouse needs?

mousymom191
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra Sheepish

Back to top Go down

Questions about mouse nutrition  Empty Re: Questions about mouse nutrition

Post by mousyfriends876 on Sun 01 Dec 2019, 11:06 pm

@mousymom191 wrote:Hi!Smile  I'm trying to figure out what food would be best for my 3-month-old girls. Currently, I'm feeding them, Kaytee "Fiesta rat and mouse mix"... which looks a bit fatty but I'm not sure. So, I'm basically wondering two things:
1) Is this food (in combination with fruit & veggies weekly) good for them?
2) If not, what's a brand of food (available in the US) that has a good balance of what a mouse needs?

Kayee seems to have many bad opinions on their mouse food of what I know of. It does seem a little fatty. It has protein of 13.5%, 7% fat, and 10% fiber. From my research, the protein should be no more than 13%, fat 5-6%, and fiber more than 7% and 10% at max. Please correct me if I am wrong. From people on this forum, the Sunseed Sunscription Parakeet Food seems like a good option. Smile Cookie

mousyfriends876

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:33 am

The food also appears to be high in corn (a filler), sunflower seeds, and peanuts (potential allergens), so I definitely wouldn’t recommend it. Besides that, over all, Kaytee is a highly untrustworthy brand when it comes to food minus a few exceptions (mostly relating to hamsters).

As said above, Sunseed Vita Prima Parakeet is a good, seedy mix that is pretty much allergen free Smile

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down