Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here

Go down

New here  Empty New here

Post by Wobblesx3 on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 9:26 pm

Hello! I'm new here (obviously) and usually not into forums and such, but I don't know many mouse lovers irl, and as a mouse obsessed person I feel as though I need a place to share my love.

My first experience with mice began years ago, I had a friend who must not have done research before getting mice and she was trying to rehome 2 male mice who had fought each other and she didn't have the space to keep them separated. Which is what makes me think not much research was done before buying them. Anyways, they were named Paco and Hector. I had previously owned hamsters, and wasn't much of a fan of those but decided to give mice a try and did some research and took them in.
Looking back, I will admit to not being the best of mouse owners even though Paco and Hector lived to be "old men" and I was a young girl. I ended up taking a break from mice because it hurt losing them as I was well bonded to them.

And well, I have mice again. This time around, waay more research was done and I feel pleased to say I am taking much better care of them. Better housing, diets, etc. I have a group of 4 females (A splash doe, 2 self satin blues, and what I was told is a satin angora siamese) along with a new group I am creating that consists of what I think is a pied agouti doe, chocolate self who looks like she might have some angora in her, and a fawn that has the tiniest white marking on her head. Then I have a buck who is a chocolate diluted fox. All the names are Amelia, Layla and Violet, Faye, Izzy, Coco, Annie, and Felix. For a grand total of 8.
I'm interested in hobby breeding to improve genetics, and to spread awareness of how amazing mice can be and have strong intentions of breeding with good ethics. Only plan on 2 to 4 litters a year, maybe less. And only Felix and 1 or 2 of my does will actually be breeders because I got them with the intention of it and I know their lines.

Mice have deeply inspired me these past years, as I create clay sculptures and quite a few more recent creations have been mice. If anyone is interested in them, I'll include a photo and you can message me to discuss. And I look forward to meeting you guys ^_^
New here  Img_2012
New here  Img_2013
New here  Fb_img12
New here  Fb_img13
Wobblesx3
Wobblesx3

Thinking

Back to top Go down

New here  Empty Re: New here

Post by Peachy on Sun 10 Mar 2019, 10:13 pm

Welcome! You sound like an amazing owner and those girls are stunning! Drool I can’t wait to hear and see more.

Love the first sculpture! How big are they?
Peachy
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

Back to top Go down

Post by BookwyrmDEV on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

Welcome!
I'm new as well -- with just a single gray male as a pet for my daughter.
I like the idea of breeding for color & temperament, someday in the distant future!

Which mice are in the pictures you shared?
What do you use for your sculptures?
BookwyrmDEV
BookwyrmDEV

Caffeine Fix

https://dragonseyeview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobblesx3 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:43 am

@Peachy wrote:Welcome! You sound like an amazing owner and those girls are stunning! Drool I can’t wait to hear and see more.

Love the first sculpture! How big are they?

Thank you. Going by rough memory of how big that first sculpture was in my hand and staring at a ruler, I'd say it was no more than 3 or 4 inches length/width wise and maybe no more than 2 inches height? I plan on trying more realistic sculptures to match actual patterns and colors in the near future and will be keeping track on how big those are. Laughing
Wobblesx3
Wobblesx3

Thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobblesx3 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:57 am

@BookwyrmDEV wrote:Welcome!
I'm new as well -- with just a single gray male as a pet for my daughter.
I like the idea of breeding for color & temperament, someday in the distant future!

Which mice are in the pictures you shared?
What do you use for your sculptures?

One of my first 2 males was a gray one, Hector, and knowing what I do now about colors I suppose he would have been labeled a lilac or a dove grey? Sweetest thing, my mom absolutely hated mice and wouldn't let me bring him in the same room as her. Which by the time he passed away, she learned to love him and I can't mention his name around her otherwise she gets sad.

The mice I shared in the pictures: Amelia is in the first one and she's a splash mouse doe. She's the biggest in her group and everyone snuggles up to her. Then the second pic is Felix, who is believed to be a chocolate diluted fox and right now is my only buck. The breeder also told me he may be a blue carrier too.
As for the sculptures I use primarily polymer clay, along with a large variety of tools and pigments I've learned over the years.
Wobblesx3
Wobblesx3

Thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:08 am

Welcome Smile I love your sculptures, very cool!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum