eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

Post by River on Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:16 pm

I was recommended this for the mite problem I'm having since it's easier to find and 'works'.
The reviews look fine - anyone have experience with it, or thoughts on it? I'd rather not risk them more than needed, but I've heard of a few people using this on hamsters and mice with mites. Only worry is the few mentions of 'smell' it got. Thoughts?

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: eCOTRITION Pro Ultra-Care Flea and Tick Spray for Small Animals

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I have heard that 8-in-1 is completely toxic. I can't guarantee the safety of Ecotrition, but a very common trend is that pet store-sold mites treatments are downright toxic. Just stick to ivermectin. There's not much point in looking for natural remedies or pet store medicines when ivermectin is cheap, efficient, and works like a charm. Have you tried looking on Amazon? They have a relatively cheap bottle on there, and free shipping with amazon prime.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:23 pm

I see your point - I was just curious about what's out there, since there seems to be a lot around and I don't know good from bad with mite medicine! I've seen the one on amazon, yep! Very cheap for how long it'll last. I'm gonna check around feedstores and cattle stores first, see how prices go there. Ivermectin has definitely proven itself as the way to go. Lucky for me, I caught it before it got bad - and it's still not bad - so I'm just glad I have enough time. Problem wasn't money-related much at all, really - more of a 'this stuff is pretty hard to find, wonder what else is there' sort of thing.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:05 pm

The price is pretty much the same at tractor/feed stores, at least the ones here in Michigan. It's going to run you about $20.00 anywhere you get it. The product in the link you posted has been known to kill mice, it's very toxic. Mice are so small and fragile. Part of the problem with it is that you are supposed to spray it on the mouse from 8-12 inches away.... but don't get it in the eyes or face. Well, that's practically impossible on a mouse that's wiggling around. So, not only does it get in the face, the mice breath in the poisonous mist and it causes respiratory failure.

Ivermectin is very safe and the only thing that is safe to give mice without seeing a vet. The dose of the diluted ivermectin is literally one drop on the back of the neck. It's a precise dose, rather that a spray. You don't know how much medicine is actually getting on them, and leads to overdose.

I hate that pet stores recommend this stuff. But in their defense, I imagine they just don't know any better. At TFM, a member used that product and the mouse died. Very sad.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Good thing its the same at those stores - its just easier than ordering online. Ordering online is...very....confusing...too many things to enter and I'm always forgetting my mailing address. Ha. Thank you!

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Just make sure to check the expiration date! The tractor supply store I went to had two bottles in stock and one was expired. Luckily they also had a fresh one. In a perfect world, you find one that is good for a while so you can keep it on hand.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

In addition to Cinna and Scaredy's advice, I thought I'd add that ecotrition and 8-in-1 are the same company. Both sprays you asked about are one in the same.

http://www.ecotrition.com/All-Products.aspx

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top