Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the end of mouse keeping....

Go down

At the end of mouse keeping.... Empty At the end of mouse keeping....

Post by Robin~ on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 11:49 am

Hello!

So, in about three years, I'll be heading off to college. My sister says she'll be happy to care for anyone who doesn't pass by the time I'm out, but I was just wondering how you would end with keeping mice.

Do you just give the last female lots of attention? Or is it better to surrender a sorority to a shelter? Or should I just stop considering mice if I have to stop?

Thank you for any advice Smile

~Robin
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

At the end of mouse keeping.... Empty Re: At the end of mouse keeping....

Post by CallaLily on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 3:26 pm

You can give your last female tons of extra activities and attention -like you would a lone male- or you could look to rehome her to someone that you trust with younger gals to introduce her to.

I chose the first option myself with my last girl Eulyn. I would not surrender to a shelter unless I had absolutely no other choice.

How old are your girls now? In three years, it’s unlikely any would still be with you. Sadly most mice only live 1.5-2 years.

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 3:52 pm

@CallaLily wrote:You can give your last female tons of extra activities and attention -like you would a lone male- or you could look to rehome her to someone that you trust with younger gals to introduce her to.

I chose the first option myself with my last girl Eulyn. I would not surrender to a shelter unless I had absolutely no other choice.

How old are your girls now?  In three years, it’s unlikely any would still be with you. Sadly most mice only live 1.5-2 years.

That's what I was kinda thinking; treat em like a male. Thank you!

I don't have any mice currently; just thinking ahead Smile
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 5:03 pm

Glad you’re thinking ahead! Have you considered getting a male mouse instead? Let’s Hear It For The Boys Very Happy

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin~ on Thu 06 Jun 2019, 6:35 pm

@CallaLily wrote:Glad you’re thinking ahead!  Have you considered getting a male mouse instead? Let’s Hear It For The Boys  Very Happy

I have, but I don't think I'd be able to spend that much time with him. That, and I'm kinda looking forward to keeping a social animal. I've had hamsters in the past (which are completely solitary), so I think I'd like to shake it up a bit Smile

Thanks for the article, though! I found it to be a pretty nice read. Who knows, maybe I'll get a 20g for a male down the line... Smile
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down