Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone!

Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Hi everyone!

Post by girl.bear on Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:11 pm

Hi! My name is Colleen and I currently own one mouse, and his name is Chip! I have owned 3 other mice in the past whom unfortunately passed. :c
They were:

• Cheeseboy

-He was white

• Truffle

-He was gray

• Milk

-He was white with black splotches

Cheeseboy I owned only for a short while before he died from a respiratory infection. He was my first mouse. We bought him from a pet store our friend worked at at the time because he was the only mouse in the cage and he had already been there for about a year and she said he was probably not going to be sold since they are typically sold in pairs or more. She told me mice are social animals and he wasn't socialized so he was very skiddish. However, my girlfriend and I didn't want him to live the rest of his life in a pet store, so that's how I started on my mouse journey!

After Cheeseboy passed, we went back to the same pet store and our friend showed us a litter that had just come in! And that's where I bought Truffle and Milk. They were brothers! We brought them home and got a new cage and everything seemed great! However a few days later they were both acting very weak. We used syringes to try to give them water after noticing that the water had not been depleted at all since they were brought home. It turns out, the water container was not dispensing the water properly. It was too late, and Truffle died that day. :c However! Despite being the runt of the litter, Milk recovered!

We knew at that point that mice were social animals, and since Milk was still young, we decided to go back to the pet store and get another mouse from the same litter. We took home a new mouse named Chip. (brown) They bonded immediately!! They slept together everyday and they were in love. However, Milk died one day of unknown causes. I believe he just died from being weak... He had many weak spells throughout his life and I believe he was of poor general health.

Now my mouse right now is Chip! His nickname is Chippy!
He is very sweet and is very kind. I could tell he became depressed after Milk passed. That's why I do my best to play with him everyday to make sure he doesn't get lonely!

I have learned a lot through owning all of these mice, but I do also have a lot to learn. I also have a lot to learn about doing these forums!
girl.bear
girl.bear

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Re: Hi everyone!

Post by CallaLily on Wed 24 Jul 2019, 11:47 am

Welcome! Mouse Wave

CallaLily

No Mood

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Empty Re: Hi everyone!

Post by SugarBee on Wed 24 Jul 2019, 10:24 pm