Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He's Here!

+7
Artistwolf
Peachy
Rodents rock!
scaredymouse
MouseLover
MesaMouse
CinnamonPearl
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

He's Here! Empty He's Here!

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 5:50 pm

The buck has arrived! Despite having car troubles (my hazards wouldn't turn off >.<), I drove out to Port Jefferson to make the exchange and managed to arrive on time. (What? I wasn't speeding! What would make you think that?) I got there and met up with the woman. She brought him in a cardboard box in a plastic bag, the poor baby, but she seemed very nice. Unfortunately, when I checked his sex, he was tucked in, so I thought for a second he might be a girl! Boy those bucks really do look like girls when they're tucked. But I couldn't tell because the distance seemed different than my girls. So I told her I'd take him for now, but if he turned out to be a girl I'd have to send him back. Thank goodness he started showing his testicles during the drive, so I just texted her to let her know it was alright. I feel bad for worrying her, but at least I know the difference now. 

I do have to say though, that I feel so sorry for her son. She told me that when she left with the mouse, it was a very, very teary goodbye. My heart goes out to Mr. Jingles's old owner! Hopefully he can get back into the mouse hobby when he's older, preferably after doing more research. 

But in other good news, when I saw him, I was surprised to find out that he's not actually an agouti! He's a much paler, grayish brownish color. He's GORGEOUS! I've gotta check in the genetics pages to figure out his color. I think he's either light mock chocolate or lilac. I'm shocked a mouse like him turned up at Petco. I've only ever seen PEWs there, except for the two satin agoutis at my local Petco currently. And I'm glad to report that he's extremely friendly and brave. He was happy to step onto my hand when I took him out of the carrier, and he took his ivermectin very well. He's currently having a ball exploring his new tank; he really does love toilet paper tubes. He even chitters like Rosie! 

But I won't make you guys wait any longer. Time for pictures! Sorry none of them are great. 

He's Here! 7-3-1610
He's Here! 7-3-1611
He's Here! 7-3-1613
He's Here! 7-3-1612

Pisces

Back to top Go down

He's Here! Empty Re: He's Here!

Post by MesaMouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm

What a handsome fella! Looks like he's settling right in, too. He could be a cinnamon but may turn out to be a brindle as he ages -- my Willow started out as a broken gray at 2 months, became a broken agouti at about 6 months and then turned out to be a broken brindle when she hit the one year mark!

MesaMouse
MesaMouse

Libra Amused

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm

Aaw he is a cutie indeed. Looks like a light mock chocolate to me Smile
That's awesome that he's already friendly, makes taming so much easier Very Happy welcome home little guy!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

https://www.instagram.com/lexymullins

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:03 pm

Cute! Lilac is much lighter, he looks like the same color as Bitsy. She's a beautiful light brown. I can also see that he is clearly a boy. He's a cutie. He'll look nice in my critter room if I end up with him Wink

Scaredymouse's animal santuary, where our motto is "yeah, I'll take 'em"

Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:05 pm

Awww he is a cute boy! Are you keeping his name? I like the name Mr Jingles. Very Happy
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:11 pm

Scaredy you're so nice to me!!! Odds are you'll end up with this little guy someday, but we'll see what the future will bring! Omg that motto is perfect. Laughing

The name will definitely be changing, but out of respect for his old owner who seemed to really care about him a lot, I'm making Jingles his middle name. All the girls have middle names. Rosie Louise, Mabel Jasper, and Eglantine Marie. Judging by how trusting, friendly, and outgoing he is, I know for sure that he was handled well. He's been exploring and playing nonstop. 

So I guess the final verdict is light mock chocolate? Or maybe I'll wait for the past-breeders to come and chime in. Anyone have a guess on his age? Judging by his size and the timing with him living with his old owners, I'm guessing he's about four months. Usually mice come into Petco at eight weeks old, I believe (if I'm wrong, do correct me!), and he lived with his old people for two months, so that'd be four months. His guess birthday is March 3 for now, but it's subject to change if anyone thinks otherwise. And hopefully his name will come soon!

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Sun 03 Jul 2016, 6:39 pm

Lol, scaredy!

Congrats, CP! What a fun surprise about his color. I'd guess around 4-6 months, but when I had to guess with my Craigslist mouse I guessed too high. lol He looks very curious, I can't wait to hear more about him. Smile
Peachy
Peachy

Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 7:04 pm

He's so adorable!!! Wow, that color is very beautiful. He sounds like a dream Smile I love that bridge thing at the top of his tank. It's good to know that he comes from a good home. Man, that boy must be really mad at his sister Laughing

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm

I'm glad you are keeping his former name as his middle name since it does sound like the little boy was good to him. Heart
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm

He took a long nap and is now running on the wheel. It took him a little to figure out the new one, but he's having a blast on it. My friend and my sister both love him! My sister, however, does not appreciate his smell. Laughing It's definitely better than pet shop funk, but I can tell he's been spraying a little. I'm glad he's doing so well; he'll have a bathtub session tomorrow since he's not scared at all.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:03 pm

Glad he is settling in good. Yea, my Mickey is a stinky boy but he's just so darn cute that ya kind of forget about the smell, at least for a little while. LOL
Rodents rock!
Rodents rock!

Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by River Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:11 pm

Aw!

My mice hate bathtub time, so I discontinued it unless needed. They get so anxious!

I love his colors. And a good thing he was handled well + loved. Poor boy, too.

Remembering Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:30 pm

@CinnamonPearl wrote:My sister, however, does not appreciate his smell. He's Here! 1395427102
Haha—Maybe now she regrets helping you get mice in the first place! Well, too late XD

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:41 pm

Haha, I don't think so! She just walked into his room and screamed, "The smell! It's PERMEATING!" Laughing

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:09 pm

Hahaha that's great! I could see my sister doing that. Heehee.

Artistwolf
Artistwolf

Aries Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum