Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caging for mice

Go down

Caging for mice  Empty Caging for mice

Post by MiceOwner01 on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 12:35 pm

I currently don't own any mice but hopefully after doing a lot of research next year I will get 2 female mice. I have owned hamsters for over 5 years so I have a lot of hamster stuff that the mice can use including a three level wired cage, another two level cage and 2 bin cages one is 420sq inches and the other is 250sq inches. I was thinking about connecting the two barred cages to the smaller bin cage. Would this be fine for two female mice? Do they bar chew as well?

MiceOwner01

Back to top Go down

Caging for mice  Empty Re: Caging for mice

Post by Robin~ on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 4:39 pm

Hello!

I think the larger bin on it’s own would work really well for 2-3 girls, but if you want to you may be able to get by by connecting the wire cages to the bin. Overall, I’d try to shoot for 150-200sq in of undivided floorspace per mouse, so I wouldn’t recommend a set up with its largest cage being less than 300sq in.

Mice do not bar chew as much as hamsters Smile They appear to be a lot more content with space than hamsters in my experience, so, provided you follow the guidelines above and really pack the cage (you shouldn’t even be able to see the bottom of the cage!) there should be no boredom issues.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down