Is Cinnamon Safe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Cinnamon Safe?

Post by libbylovesmice on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Hello! Sorry I haven't been to active, I went up to the mountains and there was no wifi! Anyways, we have these apple cinnamon Gerber puffs. that I would love to give my gerbils. Is cinnamon even safe for gerbils/mice? Sorry if this in the wrong category!

libbylovesmice

Gemini Elated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Cinnamon Safe?

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:28 pm

Maybe a mod should move this to the nutrition section? It's not really off topic.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Mountains sounds nice Smile I'm not sure but I think cinnamon's quite spicy for little critters, so I probably wouldn't chance it.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:00 pm

@MouseLover wrote:Mountains sounds nice Smile I'm not sure but I think cinnamon's quite spicy for little critters, so I probably wouldn't chance it.

Yeah, remember that stupid "cinnamon challenge" that went around the internet (mostly YouTube) a while back, where people would take a mouthful of cinnamon and try to swallow it all? Now with how small mice are, just a pinch of cinnamon to us is a mouthful to them. I imagine it would be a bad idea to give mice straight cinnamon or cinnamon/sugar.

Now if the cinnamon is baked into something like those gerber bites, I imagine it would probably be fine.
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 pm

The OP was asking if this was okay to give to her gerbils, so members lounge is the appropriate area for this question.

It *might be okay in gerber puffs but there are so many other flavors they like, I would just get one of those instead. But since you already have the apple cinnamon, try smelling them and tasting them, and if the cinnamon is prominent- I would say no. I know cinnamon is safe for mice in small amounts but it really is too strong for them. I imagine the same holds true for gerbils but I can't say for sure.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Oh! Sorry, I must've misread the question.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top