Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY tank ideas

Go down

DIY tank ideas  Empty DIY tank ideas

Post by Dreamergirl37 on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 4:08 am

Hi! I want to make some things for my 20g long tank like platforms and hideouts but I would like them to last and not be eaten and be easy to clean. I have a bearded dragon and have seen people make their own decor out of styrofoam covered in grout and then sealed it, would this be safe for mice? Or any other recommendations? I have seen people use popsicle sticks but I’d rather not have to make new stuff every few weeks.

Thanks you any ideas!

Dreamergirl37

Back to top Go down

DIY tank ideas  Empty Re: DIY tank ideas

Post by Robin~ on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 10:28 am

Hello!

I wouldn’t recommend styrofoam just in case it happens to get eaten—plastic isn’t best when ingested.

In all honesty, boxes/cardboard are a really great option. It doesn’t require any DIY (you can just plop the boxes in), and even off it starts to smell in a week replacing it should be too difficult Smile┬áThis could be cereal boxes, shoe boxes, snack food boxes, and postage boxes (as long as they look relatively clean).

Mugs, cups, and other ceramics are great, easy-to-clean options.

hello3
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

DIY tank ideas  Empty Re: DIY tank ideas

Post by chiroptera on Tue 11 Feb 2020, 2:45 am

I second no styrofoam, it can't be digested and breaks apart pretty easily which can be dusty and damaging to their lungs.

Toilet paper rolls, boxes, ceramics are all great - if you have a Dollar Tree or something similar near you, you can get a LOT of little cardboard hides and ceramic stuff for just a dollar each, the dollar store is my go-to for new mouse hides!

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto, Nellie, Frankie, + Zinnia
Love remembering: Trouble, Yahtzee, Checkers, Mahjong, Clue, Pumpkin, Spider, Beetle, Peebee, Jay, Sid, Zola, Caramel, Hazelnut, Bonny, Thyme, Olive, Popcorn, Shelley, Frida, Lovey, Dragon + Pancake
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down