Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post by Seti1st on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 12:29 am

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum but not new to mice, although I’m quite rusty when it comes to mousekeeping (I kept pet mice between 15-20 years ago).

I have a (wild) house mouse who just gave birth in our garage, in a bin where I put her temporarily after catching her with a live trap (we were going to release). She seems to have two babies, but I can’t really tell and I don’t want to disturb her. I’m not sure what to do down the road, right now I’m pulling together some bedding and food for them. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Seti1st

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by M O U S E on Tue 31 Mar 2020, 11:44 am

Hello, and welcome to PMF! I personally think it's a pretty helpful forum.

I am a new mouse owner, but I would try to tame the mother as you would normally tame an older mouse, and to tame the litter as you would with a fancy mouse. You'll need to be very careful with the mother though, as she is probably more likely to bite than a store bought mouse, and I've *heard* wild mice can carry diseases.

Here's a much more reliable article than what I just said Smile https://www.petmousefanciers.com/t4-wild-mouse-mice-care-and-information

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Festive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum