Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse Mom of 36 & counting

Go down

Mouse Mom of 36 & counting Empty Mouse Mom of 36 & counting

Post by Carrie on Wed 08 Apr 2020, 8:59 am

Hello everyone, Smile

I am Mouse Mom to 36 pet mice. I currently have 35 white 'feeder' mice and 1 fancy mouse. I lovingly adopted all from a friend of mine who was originally breeding them to sell as feeders (minus the one fancy). She had to move & had not sold these mice and was going to 'sell them to local store that sells feeder mice'. She contacted me, knowing I had raised hamsters, rats, & mice in the past (since 1983 actually), knowing that I am a fellow stay at home wife & was looking into purchasing some mice. Smile I immediately got on websites (like this one), updated my brain w/ research on care, health, nutrition etc. (oh so much to learn) and finally decided to become a member of this site. TY to the owner/mods for this site as it has so much info and regular postings. I hope to get to know my fellow mousey peeps Smile

Carrie

Leo Chatty

Back to top Go down

Mouse Mom of 36 & counting Empty Re: Mouse Mom of 36 & counting

Post by chiroptera on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 3:55 am

@Carrie Wow, so many mice! And I thought my 13 was a lot~ Razz

Welcome to PMF, I hope you'll enjoy learning (and teaching) about mice here, I'm sure you have a lot of great mouse experience~ Smile

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto, Nellie, Frankie, + Zinnia
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 4:38 am

@chiroptera wrote:@Carrie Wow, so many mice! And I thought my 13 was a lot~ Razz

Welcome to PMF, I hope you'll enjoy learning (and teaching) about mice here, I'm sure you have a lot of great mouse experience~ Smile

Hello there. TY Very Happy I'd be glad to do both. At 1st I was a bit worried about joining an online community as I did awhile back (well couple yrs ago) for fish as I wanted to learn more about our fish (we simply have 3 fathead minnows...yep, that's the extent of our fish family lol...it pales in comparison to the amt of mice we have I realize, haha) however when I asked what I felt were a few simple questions I got attacked left right and center for "not doing thorough research" (you know, prior to getting 14 cent minnows from a store (not a ?? fathead minnow breeder). tisk tisk I guess geez. From then on I'd do all posts anon. as I was certain the Fish experts would come down hard on me. ((whole time thinking, ok these guys are known for being one of the most hardy fish And are cheaper than goldfish, I'm so entirely sorry I didn't get a degree in fish husbandry 1st!!) know what I mean, geez lol. I'm so very glad this site is here and has what seems so far as great ppl, willing to share advice, tips and experience Smile ~Happyin Mousin' ~Carrie~ Smile

Carrie

Leo Chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by chiroptera on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 11:23 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of animal communities tend to be more aggressive than constructive with their comments. Sad While it's important to give any animal (regardless of price) a good environment, but that doesn't mean it's fair to attack someone for not knowing. Especially since you were looking for advice on how to improve!

Here at PMF I'd like to think we're not like that! Smile As long as I've been here, everyone seems very kind and willing to help, rather than just attacking newcomers to the community.

Anyway, I hope you have a better time here!

Also, I do know a little bit about fish (though not minnows particularly) and I could try to help depending on what questions you have??

Cool mouse mom to: Pronto, Nellie, Frankie, + Zinnia
Love remembering: My dearest Trouble and all her siblings who've joined her across the rainbow bridge.
chiroptera
chiroptera
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Batty

https://gruntsmom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down