What is the story behind your username?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the story behind your username?

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:11 pm

A lot of people have some interesting usernames on here and Id like to know the backstories!

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the story behind your username?

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:23 pm

I used to have a cockatiel named Perry. She was a cinnamon pearl cockatiel, very rare! I liked how it sounded, so I just started going by it online.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 pm

Years ago, I needed a username, and was staring at the keyboard... Wink

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Some time ago, I wanted a username for something and I wanted to make it animal related, but couldn't decide which animal. So, I settled on everything!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:57 pm

I'll copy pasta from Halopedia:

I started out as an IP editor on Halo Fanon. When I made my first few articles, I wanted to mark them as mine, so I added in writer templates, not really understanding how they were meant to be used. Instead of putting in my IP (frankly, at that point in time I had never heard the term IP or IP address before) or creating an account right then and there, I put in the name “an anonymous ONI agent".

When I finally did decide to create an account, I remembered that I had put that name in those templates, and thus, not wanting to have to change the pages and being the chronically lazy person that I was and largely still am, I tried putting that same name as my actual username. But I screwed it up and put "Anonymous ONI agent" instead of "an anonymous ONI agent", so I still had to edit the writer templates anyway.

However, despite the fact that the name only exists thanks to my own knavishness, laziness, ignorance, and forgetfulness, I've grown really attached to the name, and I now use it or some variation of it as my username just about everywhere, except, somewhat ironically, on Xbox LIVE. I've always liked being unique, and that's what I think my username is: unique.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm

I can't remember. I was very into mythology when I joined TFM. Abeona is "a Roman goddess who watches over children and protects travelers," but maybe the name sounded cool? The relation to children is kind of fitting now since I got a degree in early education, but back then I was still taking classes for a health related degree. It's also a butterfly? Pardon

I was trying to think of something new when we came over here, but I couldn't. Maybe that's why I chose it in the first place. lol

Interesting thread! I've wondered about some names too.
Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:49 pm

I just love all sorts of different rodents and think they are wonderfully sweet and often overlooked. So Rodents rock! Cheer

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:06 am

I joined TFM because I couldn't get through to my mouse, Penny... my scaredymouse. NM helped me and Penny became my heart mouse.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:41 am

Mine isn't very interesting. Its the very first internet username my Dad set up for me when I was younger and I've kept it ever since. Its a combination of my first and middle names (shortened though).

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by essentiallysue on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:13 am

I go by my middle name, Sue, so when people ask my name, instead of giving my first name, which is a little complicated and I only use for official things, I just say, "Well, it's essentially Sue."

essentiallysue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus_corde on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:52 am

Mine means wolf heart in Latin and my name (Amber) translates to Electri in Latin, mainly because electri flower (Strychnos electri) was found in fossilized amber. So my nick name is Electri or Electra, whichever you prefer Smile (my name is electron in Greek also)

My mice: Luna, Eclipse and Galaxy
lupus_corde
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:36 am

Good thread! This is interesting Smile

Mine is pretty obvious... MouseLover because I love mice Laughing I also joined a hamster forum with the name RodentFan - so I guess I don't get too many points for creativity!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 am

Mine I came up with quite a long time ago, when I was going through that 'shipping' phase. Basically, it's 'The Pencey Prep' (A music group I actually still enjoy to this day), merged with 'Petekey' - a ship name (Pete/Mikey).
I guess I just kept using it because there was little chance it was already taken, despite how much I wish I could will that phase out of my memory.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:33 am

Hhmm. I started out on another forum 8 years ago with a different username that after a bit I decided I didn't really like. At the time I had some calla lilies that I was quite proud I'd managed to keep alive. I'm horrible with most plants. Plus years before that I had always used some form of Lily as a username (my name means lily), so I switched my username there to CallaLily and have continued to use it in most places. Though occasionally I've hit the wrong key without noticing so there's one or two places I've been CallaLilu. Laughing

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Fine

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Cat on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 am

I got a kitten 3 years ago, and I decided to name him Bandit. Whenever somebody asks why I chose my name, I just say, "Well, I have a cat and his name is Bandit." Smile

Bandit Cat

Daring

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top