Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello! new here

Go down

hello! new here Empty hello! new here

Post by mythkin on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 7:26 pm

hi, you can call me myth! i use he/him pronouns, i'm a 25 year old man living in texas. i have a dog, two cats, one ball python, and now two mice! i'm @chiroptera 's friend and she actually introduced me to this site.
i've had what i'll call shared custody of one mouse before, although he was basically tabby's mouse that i picked out for her and played with sometimes, haha. anyways, last time we took the trip to our breeder i got two females, ended up giving them to tabby because i had a lot of changes going on in my life, and just today had to take them back because they were being bullied by tabby's girls.
hello! new here Vella_by_mythkin_de380zo-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xNjY2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjEyOTcwZDAtZjNlNy00M2IzLWI4NzAtMmJlY2RhMTRmYzg0XC9kZTM4MHpvLTVhNDc1MTk0LWEzZTItNDc1Yy1iMDUwLTFkOGMxYTY5NThiYS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTEwOSJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19
hello! new here Petra_by_mythkin_de380zz-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MTgiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mMTI5NzBkMC1mM2U3LTQzYjMtYjg3MC0yYmVjZGExNGZjODRcL2RlMzgwenotMmI1YWNiMDAtNWQ2MC00NGU4LThhNjktYjI2YTdkMDZhYjNiLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0
if anyone knows what their coat colours/patterns are called i'd love to know! vella is dark brown with a tan belly which i think is fox, but i have no idea what petra is. she's a light chocolate brown with white polka-dots!

as you can see in their pictures, petra's tail is broken and limp at the tip, and the end portion of vella's tail got chewed off. obviously this isn't acceptable so i took them back and they're currently staying in a critter keeper until i can get them a bin enclosure made this weekend.
i've owned rodents (rats) in the past and lived with tabby before who's had lots of mice so i know how to care for them, and i'm excited to start working with my girls to make them more used to me and less skittish. i'm sure being attacked by the other mice was stressful for them so i'm glad to have them back to be able to make sure they're safe and healthy. of course i'm keeping an eye on their wounded tails, keeping them clean and all, and will take them in to the vet if anything looks like it's taking a turn south or getting infected.

anyways, i guess that's it! i'm happy to be here and i hope i can learn more about caring for my girls and making sure they're happy, and of course see lots of cute mice Very Happy
mythkin
mythkin

Capricorn Wishful

https://toyhou.se/mythkin

Back to top Go down

hello! new here Empty Re: hello! new here

Post by Mosey mouse on Fri 14 Aug 2020, 9:02 am

hey! if you want to join some more communities as well I recommend https://mouse-forum.proboards.com/

Mosey mouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum