Wild Mouse/Mice care and information

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wild Mouse/Mice care and information - Page 3 Empty Links to research

Post by Nmorgen on Wed 01 Jan 2020, 12:39 am

I noticed that someone commented that the top post and their opinions were based on scientific knowledge. Can you please post wild mice research links for this? I would be very interested to read the actual research that has been done in this area. Even if you are referencing an article not online I might still be able to find it in the University library.
Thanks

Nmorgen

Back to top Go down

Wild Mouse/Mice care and information - Page 3 Empty Baby deer mouse

Post by Nwehry on Sat 04 Apr 2020, 8:46 am

Hello!

I am currently taking care of a deer mouse that was found abandoned in a shed of my friends. I have had her for a week now and she is just now opening her eyes!
I live near a wooded area but I’m not sure if maybe I should release her closer to my friends house since that is where she originated from? And is now a good time to start introducing seeds? I’m also interested in the shelter you came up with and how much you charge. I want to give her the best chance possible for survival in the wild. Any tips would be great!

Thank you!

Nwehry

Back to top Go down

Wild Mouse/Mice care and information - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Mouse/Mice care and information

Post by Robin~ on Sat 04 Apr 2020, 12:12 pm

Nwehry wrote:Hello!

I am currently taking care of a deer mouse that was found abandoned in a shed of my friends. I have had her for a week now and she is just now opening her eyes!
I live near a wooded area but I’m not sure if maybe I should release her closer to my friends house since that is where she originated from? And is now a good time to start introducing seeds? I’m also interested in the shelter you came up with and how much you charge. I want to give her the best chance possible for survival in the wild. Any tips would be great!

Thank you!

I would take her to an animal rehabilitation center. At least in the US, it’s actually illegal to keep wild animals for longer than a day(?) without a license.
Robin~
Robin~
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Bookworm

Back to top Go down

Wild Mouse/Mice care and information - Page 3 Empty Incredible help incredibly fast (wild mouse)

Post by Shystars on Thu 14 May 2020, 11:24 pm

A matter of minutes on your forum provided me more information than the last three wild life sanctuaries I’ve called in my area.

I’ve been caring for a female white tail deer mouse since October of 2019.
I work in agriculture, during harvest I watched a mother with four babies clutched tightly to her fur and tail fall from the conveyor belt and into the collection bins. She jumped out with two babies but left two behind.

I had a soft and naive heart when I decided to take them home.
One died before it’s eyes could open but the other survived, I named her Pipette after the Pipette droppers I used to feed them.

I kept telling myself I did a kind thing, and I did what I thought was the right thing to do. But after a while I noticed she ran around her wheel less, she ate less, she slept more and more. She’s become depressed and lonely after nearly a year in captivity.
I love her so much, and I’m so anxious that she’ll be eaten her very first night on her own.
But I can see I took away her life.
All the love and excitement is drained from her eyes, i made a horrible mistake keeping her for as long as I have and I deeply regret doing this to her.
I can’t wait to release her, and know that even a short life that’s free is better than a long life that’s not.

Shystars

Back to top Go down

Wild Mouse/Mice care and information - Page 3 Empty Re: Wild Mouse/Mice care and information

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3