Lucy has passed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucy has passed

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Everyone, I have some very tragic news.

Just a little bit ago, I went over to the quarantine cage to find Lucy breathing heavily. I took her out of the cage and placed her in my hand, and started stroking her gently. Her breathing became increasingly shallow, until she stopped after about only a minute. She died in my hands.

I am devastated. I was so excited to have Lucy, and I only had so little time with her. I'm not sure what happened. She had been perfectly healthy until this point.

Rest in peace Lucy. You were a good mouse, and you filled my heart with joy for the short time I had you. You were loved, and you shall be missed.
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lucy has passed

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Aw so sorry, atleast she died in your hands Sad Worry

GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:38 pm

I'm so sorry about your beautiful Lucy. Sad

Becky's Girls: Becky, Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Petunia, and Posey
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Yoko, Cora, Dulcie, Dandy, and BumbleBee
Boys: Yoshi, Frog, and Mika
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Guys, I'm super upset right now. It was very upsetting watching my little Lucy fight a losing battle for her life in my hands. I'm bewildered by the suddenness of it all.
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

I am so very, very sorry. You did everything you can. I hope you'll feel better soon. She was grateful for you and all you have done for her.
It is tragically shocking. She was so happy + healthy. There is no way you could have known.
I hope you're coping okay. This must be very hard on you.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Unfortunately this is the second mouse to have died on me within a month's time, as well as the second animal death in my family within the week, and I'd still like to get a third girl for my little mouse colony. I fear this may deter my mom from allowing me to get another mouse.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Hopefully it won't. These are all things that have happened as a matter of chance. I'm so sorry.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm am so, so sorry. What a terrible shock.

Did the two mice come from the same place?

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:17 pm

No. And the first mouse, Molly, died due to a terrible, unforeseeable accident that was my fault. I don't like to go into it. It's a very traumatic memory.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Ok, sorry to bring up a bad memory. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with the breeder stock at the pet store.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 pm

No, it's not your fault. I was just saying I didn't want to go into specifics about what happened because that gets painful.

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's a shame you didn't get to spend more time with her, but your presence must have been a comfort to her. These things are just out of our control, but at least we can be there for each other in hard times. *Hugs.*

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:13 am

I'm taking Lucy's death really hard, guys. I don't know what to do.

AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:22 am

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad
I don't know what I can do or say that will help you, but all of us are here for you. Take care of yourself {hug}

Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:58 am

AnonONIagent I am so so sorry to hear this. Unexpected mouse deaths are the worst Sad I'm sure a fair few of us have been there. I know I have. Sometimes mice have underlying conditions that we cannot see which results in an acute attack, like a heart attack or a stroke. My mouse Peanut was fit as a fiddle and only months old when I found her lying on her side, breathing heavily and not moving. It was a shock and I was devastated when she died.

But these things happen sometimes. It would have happened whoever bought Lucy - so we have to look at it this way: Lucy's life was destined to be short, so thank goodness she came to you. If she only had a short time here, then how lucky she was to end up with someone who looked after her properly and really loved her. There are a lot of bad mouse owners, and there are people who would have fed her to a snake, but she ended up with you. It's important that you don't feel guilty or let this put you off of having mice, because you could miss out on the joy they bring, and the mice could miss out on an awesome caring owner. I know it hurts now, but I really hope you feel better soon. We're all here for you!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top