Pictures of Thumper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pictures of Thumper

Post by River on Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:45 pm

You can see the loose skin here; I'm calling up his vet to ask about what foods we should give to help him gain it back.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pictures of Thumper

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:17 pm

What a cutie!

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:33 pm

He really is! He's the most affectionate bun. When he's being showed, at the 'ask me booth' thing they hold to educate people about rabbits, he never minds being pet by strangers. He's very affectionate to everyone.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Aww, what a cutie!!! Keep us posted on what the vet says of what to feed him to bring up his weight.

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Alfalfa or alfalfa pellets was suggested as well as food for show rabbits, which is modeled specifically to help the weight apparently. And the less specific 'healthy treats'. I asked on a rabbit forum and got the same answer, basically, so I'll be looking into buying alfalfa blocks or hay to add to his usual food.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Aw, he looks so soft. And there's something about his face in the first picture that's so amusing. Thanks for sharing him, I hope you get things figured out for him. Smile
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:56 pm

I'm so in love with buns!  I've always wanted one.  Maybe after the chinchillas... I'll get a bunny.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:22 pm

ThePetekeyPrep wrote:Alfalfa or alfalfa pellets was suggested as well as food for show rabbits, which is modeled specifically to help the weight apparently. And the less specific 'healthy treats'. I asked on a rabbit forum and got the same answer, basically, so I'll be looking into buying alfalfa blocks or hay to add to his usual food.

Oh, good, I'm glad you got some answers. Smile
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:37 am

Aaw so lovely Smile you're lucky he likes being pet, the only rabbits I knew hated it hehe.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:41 am

I have a fairly nice update on him: he may be moved inside, considering he's getting older and I want to be able to monitor him more often. For now we're trying to find either an XXL dog crate or a dog exercise pen to be his inside home, and see how my moms current boyfriend will deal with it - he doesn't really care for the animals, but we'll see.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:14 pm

He is handsome - he sure sounds like a sweetie too!

Is he litter box trained? In a crate or ex-pen, rabbits are so easy to maintain if they use a box nicely.

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:34 pm

He isn't littertrained yet, no. Rabbits can be fairly easy to littertrain though, so I'm not too concerned about that. Unneutered males are usually more difficult, but he has no behavior problems associated with being unneutered. I'm also considering C&C cages.

He is so friendly. He was having out-of-cage time today and when I stroked his head, he flopped over on his side and started bruxing! The side-flop is something rabbits do when they feel completely safe in their environment.  His coat is kind of dirty from the other buns peeing on him from their hutch next door - anyone know how I should clean this? He does groom it off himself, but as it's urine and he's white, it stains. Yuck.

Good news. He is already up a bit in weight, at 6.9 pounds. His average is 7.2, which is still under for NZ male - who are usually 8-10 pounds - but some rabbits average just fall under the usual.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top