Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abdominal tumor?

Go down

Abdominal tumor? Empty Abdominal tumor?

Post by Title Fri 01 Jan 2021, 8:42 pm

So I was handling Apollo my grey and white banded mouse and I was checking up on her and i felt these lumps in her upper abdomen, Im worried these could be tumors because she also has became slower and less active lately.

edit 1 : and the color of her stool has changed as well, her stool now has veins of yellow in it and this is the exact same color my other mouse excreted two 1/2 months before passing. but my other (deceased) mouse was very active even before her final day.

edit 2 : Her posture has changed as well, her rump sits lower than the rest of her body
Abdominal tumor? Pxl_2016
Title
Title
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius

Back to top Go down

Abdominal tumor? Empty Re: Abdominal tumor?

Post by Peachy Fri 01 Jan 2021, 9:38 pm

Sorry to hear. It’s terrible how common tumors are among mice! I’ve had several mice with mammary tumors. Always sad. Sad
Peachy
Peachy

Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Title Fri 01 Jan 2021, 10:11 pm

So does this mean shes going to die? If she does have a tumor is there any way she could possibly pull through this?
Title
Title
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Fri 01 Jan 2021, 10:41 pm

I’m sorry, I read your post wrong. The only way to know that it’s a tumor is to see a vet. It could definitely be something else, something benign or even treatable. If it’s a tumor, it’s sometimes possible to remove it depending on what your vet says, but it’s often not recommended because the healing can take time, and the tumor frequently can grow right back before the healing is even finished.

When my mice have had tumors, they’ve all been affected differently. Some lived to old age without any signs they were in pain or slowing down, others succumbed very quickly.

How old is your girl? Any changes besides her stool or posture? Behavior changes, sleeping patterns, eating patterns? Stool could be something simple like a new food or a bit of stress.
Peachy
Peachy

Classy

Back to top Go down

Post by Title Fri 01 Jan 2021, 11:45 pm

I believe shes at least 8-8.5 months old, I took her home on may 31st she was probably a month or so at the time of bringing her home.

Now i did put her into a bigger container bin enclosure at least two weeks ago
Title
Title
Jr Member
Jr Member

Sagittarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum