Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

Go down

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions. Empty Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

Post by Splentaforous Mon 01 Feb 2021, 3:54 pm

I've got a few questions about respiratory infections that I can't seem to find answers to. One of my mice is just about 2 years old now, and she's recently started sneezing. Her breathing isn't clicky or irregular, she just sneezes occasionally. My first thought was that it was a respiratory infection, but she doesn't have any other symptoms but sneezing. I took out all her aspen bedding and anything I thought she could be allergic to, and her sneezing slowed down for a few days, but it's started again today. She lives with 4 other mice, and none of them are sneezing, so I was wondering if respiratory infections are contagious, or not because they have no symptoms and the sneezing has been on and off for a few weeks. I was going to take her to the vet 2 weeks ago, but it stopped, and then started again, and then stopped again. I'm just unsure if this is an infection or an allergy, and wanted some opinions before I book a vet appointment. Thank you Smile
Splentaforous
Splentaforous

Back to top Go down

Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions. Empty Re: Mouse sneezing, and respiratory infection questions.

Post by ApricotWinter Tue 02 Feb 2021, 2:51 pm

It may just be age catching up with her... How often is she sneezing? Did you recently make a change in diet, bedding (other than taking out apsen) or other things like that??? I would seperate her for a few days and watch her closely. If it continues I would take her to the vet. Although it may just be her new way of communicating... Let us know!
ApricotWinter
ApricotWinter
Jr Member
Jr Member

Libra

Back to top Go down