Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mice pooping in water bowl

2 posters

Go down

Mice pooping in water bowl Empty Mice pooping in water bowl

Post by Rosalina Mon 15 Mar 2021, 9:40 am

So I haven't been able to get one of those gravity water bottles for my mice yet, and in the mean time I've been using a little bowl with water in it. One of the mice left feces in the bottom of the bowl and they proceeded to bury it in shavings. I'm just wondering how I should go about making the bowl safe to drink out of, because they seem hellbent on keeping it dirty.

Rosalina

Back to top Go down

Mice pooping in water bowl Empty Re: Mice pooping in water bowl

Post by M O U S E Mon 15 Mar 2021, 10:49 am

This is pretty common. I personally took a big, flat rock and put it under their dish. This meant that the dish was sitting on one surface rather than in the bedding. The amount of bedding in the dish lessened to almost nothing. Though if they're pooping directly into the bowl, I'm not sure how to help you there. One of the cons of using a water dish is constantly having to refill it.

M O U S E
M O U S E
Sr Member
Sr Member

Taurus Creative

Dee67 and Rosalina like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop Mon 15 Mar 2021, 2:25 pm

Can you experiment? Is there enough room to put in a second water dish, either on an elevated surface (and secured so it can't be pushed off) or under a cardboard or plastic cover? If your mousies were to decide to continue using one bowl as the latrine and use the other for drinking, you may be on the way to having pottie-trained mice, at least for a little while.

... or they could just decide that -- YAY!! -- now we have TWO bowls to pollute!!

P.S. I'm not just being silly here. My little April DID, in fact, pottie train herself and got to have two water bowls -- one she drank from and one she deposited in.

MerciToujoursMaPetiteBoop
Sr Member
Sr Member

Creative

Dee67 and Rosalina like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down