Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help

2 posters

Go down

Please help  Empty Please help

Post by Bricane16 Fri 19 Mar 2021, 3:40 pm

About a week or two ago me and my boyfriend rescued two feeder mice from my sister. The only problem they’ve had is excessive scratching and with some research I’ve decided to try the olive oil method for mites. I just started today but our female mouse has big sores on her and she will not stop scratching and pulling her hair out. I know it’s probably due to mites but I was wondering if there is anything I can do for her to help ease the itching. I don’t want to put any human topical medicine on or in her because I don’t want to hurt her. This is the only place left to try and find some help. If anyone has any info on medicine I can use to help with her excessive itching then it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you again

Bricane16

Back to top Go down

Please help  Empty Re: Please help

Post by River Sat 20 Mar 2021, 5:50 pm

Olive oil isn't really an effective way to get rid of mites, and the fur being constantly greasy is rather going to encourage overgrooming. Diluted Ivermectin or kitten Selemectin (Revolution) is usually the best way. Keep the sores clean. You can use Neosporin if necessary but they heal fast once they leave it alone.

Remembering Tipsy, Topsy, Maier, Graham & Garcia ♀
*Neutered male group. Do not house intact males together.*

River
River

Pisces Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum