Our other pets

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Our other pets

Post by scaredymouse on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm

It's bittersweet.  I love talking about her but I just miss her so, so much.  I feel like I should give Petco a tiny bit of credit.  I was told that she was surrendered to them from an accidental litter in that condition.  And she was under the care of a veterinarian.  Obviously, either the vet was horrible or the Petco employees were incapable of following basic instruction, or a combination of both.  She was at Petco for several months getting meds shoved into her and smeared on her.  They were even giving her some kind of baths (which hamster should never, ever have).  Poor, sweet little Honeybun.  Her skin looked like it was on fire.  They told me that she was a biter.  I bet she was!  But I gave her medication every day of her life and she never bit me once.  And despite everything she had been through, she was such a happy ham

Last edited by scaredymouse on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our other pets

Post by Rodents rock! on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 am

scaredymouse wrote:It's bittersweet.  I love talking about her but I just miss her so, so much.  I feel like I should give Petco a tiny bit of credit.  I was told that she was surrendered to them from an accidental litter in that condition.  And she was under the care of a veterinarian.  Obviously, either the vet was horrible or the Petco employees were incapable of following basic instruction, or a combination of both.  She was at Petco for several months getting meds shoved into her and smeared on her.  They were even giving her some kind baths.  Poor, sweet little Honeybun.  Her skin looked like it was on fire.  They told me that she was a biter.  I bet she was!  But I gave her medication every day of her life and she never bit me once.  And despite everything she had been through, she was such a happy ham

Yea, I guess they did try but just weren't very good at it or didn't put a lot of effort in. I'm glad you took her and gave her a happy life. Very Happy
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top