photography

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

photography

Post by scaredymouse on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:59 pm

I know a lot of us here like to take pictures... I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can post some of our prize photos!  Have fun!

All the butterflies are from various butterfly gardens:

Snorkeling at Discovery Cove, FL

Me holding a baby alligator, don't worry, he's fine.  He was a very nice gator.

From my garden:

Tiger at the zoo

A nice emu at my vets office

Lol, Maya with a moustache x2

Whisker close-up of Maya

A cute bug on my deck

Polar bear at the zoo

Mr Alpaca

Mackanac Island Bridge, Michigan

The great wilderness of Ontario, Canada

The Pictured Rocks, Michigan

Look at this itty bitty bug!  This is a daisy, which is a pretty small flower!

I just wanted to sneak this one in to show everybody how well hamsters take their medicine Smile

Here is a picture of me from some years back.  But I love this picture so much, swimming with dolphins and sea lions was on my bucket list.  I got to hug a dolphin and you can see, I got a kiss on the cheek from this nice sea lion.  

Here's another picture of me from the same trip.  Now you have a face to go with scaredymouse.

And here is my sweet husband holding our daughter.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: photography

Post by Artistwolf on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Oooh, awesome thread!!! Scaredy, I love your photos! It's good to finally know what you look like XD
We have a similar setup with our polar bear exhibit at the zoo. I love it so much!

Lemme post some... And caution, you'll probably get more after my England trip.
Okay, first we have Winston. I really like this photo of him!.

Me holding my friend's cat. This photo is most accurate to my hairstyle now (actually the one of me feeding goats is), but it's still a little off. This was from a couple years ago. 

This is an awesome photo I just caught by fluke at my friend's house. It's so clear! I was trying to catch the butterfly, but I love how I got this bee.

And this was the original butterfly.

Nice photo of the St. Louis Arch, as seen from some random city park I went to on a field trip once.

Me at a 20s themed party last December Very Happy It was fun dressing up all Downton Abbey/Gatsby-like.

Me feeding goats in Germany in 2013. My hair is a mess because I didn't get a chance to do anything to it that morning. Edit: hm, the whole photo isn't showing up. I'll put the Tinypic link too, but I'll keep this so that October can see it (right? This is what you can see, right?
Full photo: 
Cut off one:

I love this photo! It's from 2012, the last trip I made to South Africa. Petting white lions!! Wow, I look way different now, lol.

Then the white tiger attack!!! Heeheehee

And me petting an owl in South Africa. That was really awesome. He was so light and fluffy!

Hope all those photos show up. This is my first time using the photo thing the forum gives you!

Anna: He hasn't warmed up, then?
Mary: According to Mr. Napier, he finds me aloof. I'm not aloof, am I?
Anna: (chuckles) Do you want me to answer truthfully, or like a lady's maid?
Mary: Let's move on.
~Downton Abbey, season 4
Artistwolf

Aries Artistic

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Oh my GOSH you guys both have such cool animal experiences, no fair :'(
Lovely pictures guys Smile

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Such neat pictures! Artist, the picture of you with the white tiger is adorable!!

I've got a bunch of pictures from a butterfly garden too. lol

Anyone remember this little weirdo? He had me so freaked out that I didn't want to get too close. Haha

And pictures from the Omaha zoo.

How adorable are bats??

Road trips to the Mississippi.

And an owl in our yard!

Last edited by abeona on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Becky's Girls: Becky, Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Petunia, and Posey
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Yoko, Cora, Dulcie, Dandy, and BumbleBee
Boys: Yoshi, Frog, and Mika
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Lol the photo of the tiger trying to kill me? XD lol that one's funny. I'm sure he could have hurt me if he wanted to, but as is having a 6 month old tiger sneak up from behind and jump onto you and try to bite your neck is pretty crazy! My mom just stood there taking photos while the game ranger dude tried to get him off without him getting annoyed because then he might start actually trying to bite me! Eep! XD it was an awesome experience. I cherish that moment. Which would sound idiotic to anyone who is even a bit afraid of animals!

Haha, your butterfly garden photos put my two to shame! Is that last plant the monarch is sitting on a milkweed plant? It's flowers look very similar to my butterfly weed (asclepius tuberosa) except those ones are orange. I'm wondering if that's what common milkweed flowers look like. I'm looking forward to when mine start blooming (not that there are any butterflies around—stupid mosquito spraying).
Ooh, nice barred owl there! We built a barred owl house but so far it's only been inhabited by some fortunate squirrels. Of course, they'll be eaten if an owl shows up XD

Anna: He hasn't warmed up, then?
Mary: According to Mr. Napier, he finds me aloof. I'm not aloof, am I?
Anna: (chuckles) Do you want me to answer truthfully, or like a lady's maid?
Mary: Let's move on.
~Downton Abbey, season 4
Artistwolf

Aries Artistic

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:17 pm

I remember you saying something about the tigers before. That's so funny! Looks like he's serious about checking out your hair. Laughing

After I took all those pictures I stopped at the library to find a field guide. lol I do have "common milkweed" down for that picture. The orange sounds so pretty!
I had heard the owls forever but never really saw them... We were out barbecuing when that one was flying around. Then we saw two more in another tree! I haven't seen any since, though.
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbiefly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:58 am

I love taking pictures and I've been doing it most of my life. This is the third time I'm trying to add pictures here so I will do it in batches so I don't have to start all over again. I'm just going to add photos and then I'll answer questions if you have any.

Barbiefly

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:21 am

Ooh, I love the lighting on the kitten Jump Hearts

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbiefly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:36 am

The first two pictures are of our cat Scully when he was a kitten. He's the one we hand fed and raised, we found him in the middle of the street when he was about 2 days old. The second picture is of him with our dog Zion, I love that picture , it's so cute. The picture of the kitten going through a fence I took when I was 14, it's one of my favorite pictures. It was taken with a disposable camera so it's not the greatest quality but I love it. There are a few pictures of Elephant seals in San Simion , California right after the calves were born. Looks like I posted one picture twice. The gorilla picture was taken at the Los Angeles zoo. I love the way the picture turned out. It looks like I used some kind of filter but it's the reflections and scratches on the glass that gave it that effect.
Barbiefly

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:23 pm

The seal pictures are so neat! Love the second one. Smile
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbiefly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Here are some more. I had trouble last night so we'll see if it works now.

Barbiefly

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbiefly on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm adding them in batches because I had a lot of trouble last night and had to keep starting over.

Barbiefly

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 pm

Just a few Smile

Saw lots of bluebells by my house in the spring:

I like to try and catch pictures of the animals I see out and about. So here is Mr Toad and Mrs Hedgehog. I also see a lot of foxes and rabbits but they run too fast!

And here is a cool street art that I really liked in my home town. Unfortunately it's no longer there, so I'm glad I took the picture.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Wow, I love this thread! I'm in love with some of these landscape photos. We could create an awesome calendar. It's neat seeing all the different animal experiences everyone has had as well. I do believe there is a whole flock of butterflies in this thread!

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:16 pm

A little bluebird:

Hawk:

The ever enjoyable zoo photos:

And Pinot Noir, a wacky cat at the shelter where I work: