Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

How much should they weigh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much should they weigh?

Post by Barbiefly on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 am

I weighed them yesterday and Codo is 47g and Podo is 40g. I remember reading on here somewhere the healthy weight range but can't find the info again. I am pretty sure they are in the healthy range.
Barbiefly

Zen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much should they weigh?

Post by AnonONIagent on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:26 am

From looking at pictures of them, they would appear to be of a healthy weight. I'm not sure what the healthy range is, though.

Personally, I've never weighed my mice, mostly because I don't own a scale that would work for weighing mice.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ealexander on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 am

That's a very average weight for a mouse. Big show mice can be like 80g, little bitty guys can be like 30. With mice the more important thing to watch is for sudden large changes in their weight!
Ealexander
Jr Member
Jr Member

Aries Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Yes, definitely depends on the build of the individual mouse.  Some mice are just naturally tiny and stay around 20 grams, other mice are built larger and completely healthy weight for them at 80 grams. 

On the 9th my girls weighed 35g, 58g, and 57g.  And yes, those two bigger girls are pudgy.  But I used to have a PEW girl that got up to 50g and was a perfectly healthy looking weight. She was just larger overall.  So try not to focus on the number so much as how they look. But definitely monitoring their weight for big swings either way can help you catch when something may be wrong.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top