New Treats

Go down

New Treats

Post by peas on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 11:54 pm

The past week and a half i have given my meecers a new main treat. They get the odd cheerio and pumpkin seed and dog kibble as sort of "treats" but it's not what they go mental for. The main event is always something a little more tasty.

So the past week and a half i switched out the old main event treat, i posted a bit about acrylimide formation in food in nutrition, and moved to something a little healthier.

I wasn't sure as they were cautious nibblers the first day but now they are hooked. And i have noticed some extremely happy mice this past week. They've always been happy mice but they've kicked it up a notch or two. They're really pleased about the state of the world right now.

Treats are really important for mice. They're heavily driven by food and nothing sets off those reward triggers in their brains like a new tasty treat.
Too many is no good, because they stop appreciating it. And too much will cause them health issues that will slow them down. But just the right amount, gives them something to really look forward to.

peas
Sr Member
Sr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down