Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Opinion?

Go down

Your Opinion?  Empty Your Opinion?

Post by olimarthemouse on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:10 pm

So I woke Olimar up just a few minutes ago and he came out. He went through his cheesy chew, which I picked up so I could hold him. I noticed a teeny, tiny, yellowish bug crawling on it. I then proceed to look through his fur as best as he would let me. I didn't see any bugs, and then I cleaned out his nest and tried to look thoroughly as I went, and there wasn't anything. Anyway, I'm going to keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't digging or scratching too much. But I'm believing he doesn't have any maggots or mites Very Happy
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Your Opinion?  Empty Re: Your Opinion?

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:21 pm

ew, yuck, bugs! has he ever been treated with ivermectin? and if so, when? it's totally possible that it's just an ordinary house bug, unrelated to him. if he were mine, I would probably wait and see.

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:39 pm

@scaredymouse wrote:ew, yuck, bugs!  has he ever been treated with ivermectin?  and if so, when?  it's totally possible that it's just an ordinary house bug, unrelated to him.  if he were mine, I would probably wait and see.

No, he hasn't. I'm a bit nervous to do so. Also, we don't have a small pet vet near here. I'll definitely be keeping a close watch on him, but I'm assuming it is unrelated to him.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CAPSLOCK on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 7:00 pm

Could it have been from the cheesy chew? Was it the last cheesy chew in the package? Maybe you could check the package / rest of the chews very carefully and make sure there is nothing hitchhiking on there...

4 black lady-mice
CAPSLOCK
CAPSLOCK
Sr Member
Sr Member

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Wed 03 Aug 2016, 9:37 pm

@CAPSLOCK wrote:Could it have been from the cheesy chew?  Was it the last cheesy chew in the package?  Maybe you could check the package / rest of the chews very carefully and make sure there is nothing hitchhiking on there...

Oh, sorry. It's not one of those cheesy chews, it's like a little triangular yellow wood tunnel thing-y Laughing But, I think it may have been from that. I've seen no excessive scratching/digging, and haven't seen any other bugs.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:41 am

If you didn't get him from a show breeder, the chance of him having mites and other sorts of bugs is 99.9%. Better to treat them now rather than wait for them to become problematic and even cause OCD scratching.

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 7:26 am

@CinnamonPearl wrote:If you didn't get him from a show breeder, the chance of him having mites and other sorts of bugs is 99.9%. Better to treat them now rather than wait for them to become problematic and even cause OCD scratching.

Well, how do you treat it? And how much does it cost? I'm not seeing anymore scratching or bugs. I clean his cage on Saturdays, so I'll be checking the bedding this morning.
olimarthemouse
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat 06 Aug 2016, 8:32 am

Mites are invisible to the naked eye, and it's very doubtful than any sort of bugs would just pack up and leave.

Here, read this article. It should clear everything up: http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/t1-lice-mites-and-ivermectin

Pisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down