Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Hey, guys! Right now, a team of scientists are livestreaming deep sea exploration. They're streaming out footage of places of the ocean never seen before. This stuff is seriously incredible. Egg and I are watching right now, and I'm fully engrossed. If you're interested, catch the stream now! They've been finding some incredible things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpo3ERVO8E

_________________
Girls: Annie (broken chocolate angora), Grace (pink-eyed self champaign), Shelly (banded agouti), Nutmeg (self beige), Chara (banded beige)
Sleeping in the Soil Angel: Lilith, Little Cow, Mabel, Rosie, Eglantine, Monster, Henry, Suzie

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
avatar
CinnamonPearl
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 1514
Likes : 176

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:21 pm

that's fun to watch, i have stuff to do but i can see getting sucked into watching this all night!

_________________
Lady mice: Jellybean, Shugg White, Winnifred & Sally/Georgie & Harriet Potter, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Clementine
Gentleman mice:  Sir Fancy Pants of Furville, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Alexander, and Charlie
Natal multimammate mouse (ASF): Agatha
Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
avatar
scaredymouse
Moderator
Moderator

Join date : 2016-04-03
Posts : 2045
Likes : 528

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Awesome, I've been watching live cams on a site called explore.org lately, they are fun to watch!

_________________




Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, and Daisy
avatar
AnonymousMouseOwner
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-13
Posts : 1168
Likes : 173

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by Rodents rock! on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Oh, that sounds cool - I will have to check that out tonight. I love the ocean.  I'm very into and interested in sharks - they are fascinating and so misunderstood.
avatar
Rodents rock!
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-27
Posts : 974
Likes : 190

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by MesaMouse on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:24 pm

Great link, CinnamonPearl! Although it covers almost 75% of our planet, we really know next to nothing about the ocean, especially the deeps.

AnonymousMouseOwner, explore.org's Live Cams are insanely addicting! I spend literally hours watching the osprey nest on Hog Island, Maine and the guillemot and puffin burrows on Seal Island, Maine. Puffins are my favorite birds but the ospreys are simply mesmerizing.

_________________
Mouseless but now Hamster-powered
Over the Rainbow Bridge: Chablis, Merlot, Bombay, Frascatti, Mimi, Musetta, Lucia, Carmen, Tosca, Tara, Buffy, Willow, Anya and Cordelia
Also Mom to Clare Bear cat, Imogene the Syrian hamster and Hermit Crabs Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
avatar
MesaMouse
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-24
Posts : 700
Likes : 130

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:54 pm

@MesaMouse wrote:Great link, CinnamonPearl! Although it covers almost 75% of our planet, we really know next to nothing about the ocean, especially the deeps.

AnonymousMouseOwner, explore.org's Live Cams are insanely addicting! I spend literally hours watching the osprey nest on Hog Island, Maine and the guillemot and puffin burrows on Seal Island, Maine. Puffins are my favorite birds but the ospreys are simply mesmerizing.
Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

_________________




Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, and Daisy
avatar
AnonymousMouseOwner
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-13
Posts : 1168
Likes : 173

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Ospreys are cool! Puffins have been kinda ruined for me though. It's a long story...

_________________
Girls: Annie (broken chocolate angora), Grace (pink-eyed self champaign), Shelly (banded agouti), Nutmeg (self beige), Chara (banded beige)
Sleeping in the Soil Angel: Lilith, Little Cow, Mabel, Rosie, Eglantine, Monster, Henry, Suzie

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
avatar
CinnamonPearl
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-06
Posts : 1514
Likes : 176

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by MesaMouse on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:56 am

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

After last year's tragedy at Rachael and Steve's osprey nest (the two chicks snatched by eagles on the same day), I didn't know if I could bear watching them this season. It was so wonderful to watch the three chicks hatch and grow, go through the banding process and begin to test their wings at the nest -- all was going too well so we all should have been prepared for that eagle attack on August 1st...but who knew that an eagle would take a fledgling? They're almost the size of an adult and an eagle will not attack an adult osprey. Even with the loss of tough girl Spirit, it's been gratifying to see that Bierre successfully handled his accidental fledge and that Eric soared off a few days later. Glad the family is still around for a little while longer.

The puffins are all but gone for the season as only a few pufflings have yet to fledge. Next season, though, start checking the site in mid-May as the Burrow Cam goes live when an egg has been laid. The camera burrow, #59, has long been the home of Finn and Phoebe: viewers (or addicts) have watched them lose one chick, Petey, to starvation (sand eels were scarce that year and all the parents could off the chick were butterfish, too large for a chick to eat) and then raise three chicks (Hope, Pal nad Joy) to fledge successfully the next three seasons. This year, a new couple took over #59 but did not produce an egg; it was subsequently discovered that Phoebe was in a neighboring burrow, #133, with a chick, but unknown if Finn was there,too.

Also on Seal Island are the black guillemots, very pretty trim sea birds. One of the burrows has a live cam but, after hatching (usually two chicks), it's kind of hard to watch as the older chick will usually bully, abuse and starve the younger to death.

_________________
Mouseless but now Hamster-powered
Over the Rainbow Bridge: Chablis, Merlot, Bombay, Frascatti, Mimi, Musetta, Lucia, Carmen, Tosca, Tara, Buffy, Willow, Anya and Cordelia
Also Mom to Clare Bear cat, Imogene the Syrian hamster and Hermit Crabs Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
avatar
MesaMouse
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-04-24
Posts : 700
Likes : 130

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Sea Exploration Livestream!

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:26 am

@MesaMouse wrote:
@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Oh my goodness, I'm also addicted to the osprey nest on Hog Island! What a coincidence! I haven't got to see the puffins yet, as I just started watching late last month.

After last year's tragedy at Rachael and Steve's osprey nest (the two chicks snatched by eagles on the same day), I didn't know if I could bear watching them this season. It was so wonderful to watch the three chicks hatch and grow, go through the banding process and begin to test their wings at the nest -- all was going too well so we all should have been prepared for that eagle attack on August 1st...but who knew that an eagle would take a fledgling? They're almost the size of an adult and an eagle will not attack an adult osprey. Even with the loss of tough girl Spirit, it's been gratifying to see that Bierre successfully handled his accidental fledge and that Eric soared off a few days later. Glad the family is still around for a little while longer.

The puffins are all but gone for the season as only a few pufflings have yet to fledge. Next season, though, start checking the site in mid-May as the Burrow Cam goes live when an egg has been laid. The camera burrow, #59, has long been the home of Finn and Phoebe: viewers (or addicts) have watched them lose one chick, Petey, to starvation (sand eels were scarce that year and all the parents could off the chick were butterfish, too large for a chick to eat) and then raise three chicks (Hope, Pal nad Joy) to fledge successfully the next three seasons. This year, a new couple took over #59 but did not produce an egg; it was subsequently discovered that Phoebe was in a neighboring burrow, #133, with a chick, but unknown if Finn was there,too.

Also on Seal Island are the black guillemots, very pretty trim sea birds. One of the burrows has a live cam but, after hatching (usually two chicks), it's kind of hard to watch as the older chick will usually bully, abuse and starve the younger to death.
Yeah, I didn't know Spirit well, but I saw how sad everyone was and thought she must have been a really loved bird by all the viewers. I saw the video of the eagle snatching her, pretty crazy attack! Poor girl. I was so excited to see Eric fledged, he was the one I got most attached to, now I kinda miss him. I can't wait to watch them grow from little hatchlings to their first fledge next year! Hmm, the puffins sound interesting! I'll have to check them out next year too! The starvation incident sounds pretty sad Sad.

_________________




Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, and Daisy
avatar
AnonymousMouseOwner
Hero Member
Hero Member

Join date : 2016-06-13
Posts : 1168
Likes : 173

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum