Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Gillys tumor is so big!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gillys tumor is so big!

Post by scaredymouse on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:36 am

I don't know what's wrong with her. At 28 months old, she could have any number of cancers that don't present with visible tumors or something as ordinary as arthritis or disc disease. All i know is that she's thin and frail, and slow moving. She actually seems to be in more pain that Gilly! They really only pin their ears back like that when they are hurting though. Sometimes her breathing looks rough but it's intermittent and she isn't sick. So, who knows. I'm sure a vet wouldn't know, either.

It was funny, i usually don't advocate putting medicine on food but she is so frail, i didn't want to scruff her... so i put some meloxicam on a rice krispy. She was snuggled in my shirt, so i tossed in the krispy... she took one sniff, picked it up in her teeth and chucked it out of my shirt. LOL. so, i gently scruffed her and she took the meds easily. and i gave her some good krispies and he happily ate them. smarty lady.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:38 am

I can relate. When they're really frail, it can be so hard to medicate them. It feels like they're going to snap in your fingers! I much prefer it when I'm trying to medicate a big, hardy mouse who's putting up a fight.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:30 pm

@scaredymouse wrote:
Like i feel if anyone saw it, they would put me in jail for animal cruelty!  It's so ridiculous to feel like this...

I totally get what you're saying. I felt the same way and because of that feeling I was very careful with which pictures I shared once Twix's tumor got really big or of Seren or even during the worst of Daryl's eye problems. Silly because it wasn't anything I did wrong or could have prevented - but it still sort of felt that way.  Embarassed

Ok clearly something went wrong when I tried to quote your post!  Paper Bag Don't know what I did!  Eeek!

Edit: omgosh, I must have hit the edit button instead of the quote one. I'm so sorry! Embarassed Embarassed

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:08 pm

It's okay.  i remember i straight up deleted a whole thread when i was messing around with the buttons!  it was a good post, though!

I'll skip the existential musings but I'll repost the links!  If anyone wants a good read about the buddhist philosophy of caring for your pets during the dying process:  http://davidmichie.com/blog//?s=How+to+be+with+your+pet+during+the+dying+process&search=Go

Also, I highly recommend these books if you want to read a book told by a cat.  The Dalai Lama's Cat, The Art of Purring, The Power of Meow.  All by David Michie.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top