Do any of you have themes for your mouse cages/tanks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do any of you have themes for your mouse cages/tanks?

Post by comeandsee on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:05 am

I felt that this would be an interesting thread to post. I know I'll be doing my best to decorate my mouse tank in white, red, black, and green (or washed out/pale colours. Green/yellow/grey...). Reason being, I'm going to be naming my four little girls after the four horsemen! Kind of dark, I know, but I thought it would be adorably contradictory. And I need a way to limit myself so I don't end up getting a dozen instead of just four... Ear wiggle

So, anyone with themes for their mousy cages? Rainbow Angel

comeandsee

Curious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do any of you have themes for your mouse cages/tanks?

Post by CallaLily on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:10 am

I don't keep a theme year round but I decorate the tank for Valentine's day, Spring, Halloween, and Christmas.

As for name themes. I've done food: Cheeseburger, Bacon, Hashbrown, and Twix. I wanted something less obvious for the next group of girls: Celyn, Rina, and Seren. I got them near Christmas. Celyn means holly (Welsh). Rina means joy (Hebrew). Seren means star (Welsh). We picked up Hazel in Jan so she doesn't follow the theme. And Daryl was already named when we adopted him.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 am

My first mice all had Greek mythology names. Next was Doctor Who, and after that it was Spring-y names, like Puddles and Sunshine.

I mostly decorate for holidays, but sometimes get into decorating around a specific toy... like a castle or a fish hide. lol
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 am

As far as names go, I'm using a photographer surname theme. Cages, I haven't really had a chance to decorate for a holiday specifically - Halloweens gonna be fun to theme the cage around, though!

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:30 am

No themes for tank set-ups but definitely for names! My first colony was wine/booze based: Merlot, Chablis, Frascatti and Bombay. The second colony were the opera Divas: Mimi, Tosca, Carmen, Musetta and Lucia. This last colony were all named for Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters: Buffy, Anya, Willow, Cordelia and Tara.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:00 pm

I must admit I do like the fun cage theme videos you get on hamster youtube channels Laughing

I don't have themes... just toys that I think are nice. But I kinda wanna start decorating for halloween and christmas... sounds fun!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:05 pm

I never go with themes, not even for holidays or birthdays. (I find holidays besides Thanksgiving pretty underwhelming.) I just plop in whatever toy fits into the tank setup for the week. As for names, I've never gone with themes either. With each mouse, their name always comes to me. I go through some and have a gut feeling of satisfaction when I hit the right one. Sometimes it happens instantly, like Little Cow's. Other times it takes some time, like Lilith's and Henry's. You can't go wrong with naming when you settle on a name that just feels right.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comeandsee on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Haha It sounds fun decorating for the holidays! I agree, that gut feeling that you get with things, you can never go wrong with.

comeandsee

Curious

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:44 am

CinnamonPearl wrote:I go through some and have a gut feeling of satisfaction when I hit the right one.

This is how it mostly works for me too, just the list of names I'm going through all fit into the theme.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top