Is this bedding ok?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is this bedding ok?

Post by River on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:04 pm

It's incredibly dusty, so I wouldn't use it. I used it once, stuck my finger in the bag and when I pulled it out it was covered in dust. I wouldn't want my mice to be on that all the time.

Pisces Paranoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:20 pm

@River wrote: It's incredibly dusty, so I wouldn't use it. I used it once, stuck my finger in the bag and when I pulled it out it was covered in dust. I wouldn't want my mice to be on that all the time.

Ok, thanks! I'll probably go with Carefresh this time. Kaytee is soo messy.
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/c/HannahsAnimals

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:49 pm

At my PETsMART they started carrying a lot more colors of Carefresh, which is so cool! Also in addition to the regular size bags, they now carry small bags which is nice to be able to mix colors without having to buy a bunch of big bags. Yesterday I got a bag of corn cob bedding for Mickey and I got a small bag of mint green colored Carefresh to mix in. They also had blue, purple, orange, and yellow! FUN! Bouncy

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:53 pm

@Rodents rock! wrote:At my PETsMART they started carrying a lot more colors of Carefresh, which is so cool! Also in addition to the regular size bags, they now carry small bags which is nice to be able to mix colors without having to buy a bunch of big bags. Yesterday I got a bag of corn cob bedding for Mickey and I got a small bag of mint green colored Carefresh to mix in. They also had blue, purple, orange, and yellow! FUN! Bouncy

I saw that online! But it says in stores only. I like to order my bedding online because it's tons cheaper. But next time I go to PetSmart, I might treat myself to a bag of the colored bedding! Laughing
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 pm

I like the birthday cake Kaytee because it has so many fun colors! I've used white kaytee in a pinch, but it makes me sad. Sad It's just so boring! I'd really like to try new colors sometime, but a lot of the nice and colorful kaytee beddings are scented. Scented = toxic.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm the opposite of you Cinna! I like the white bedding because it doesn't stand out too much, looks nice, makes it easy to see the mice, and even easier to spot clean. The birthday cake one is so overwhelming, it makes me barf rainbows! Sick (I can't believe I just said that Hahaha!) I do like just a little bit of color though, so I might get a small blue bag and mix it in with a load of white!

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:23 pm

I definitely see your point! The white makes spot cleaning easy. But I don't really spot clean that often, so it's a nonissue for me. I'm currently looking for a bedding that has white, brown, and pink, just to switch it up.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:24 pm

I just recently picked this bedding up from Walmart. It is a little dusty, so I use it in combination with a kaytee clean and cozy paper bedding for my mouse's nest area. I wouldn't recommend using it for the whole tank though.

MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:33 pm

Does anyone know if the blue or colored stuff from WalMart is dusty, too? I'm always so tempted to grab some everytime I walk past it, but I don't like the natural one either.

I like white bedding, I think it looks like snow. lol But holy moly, yellow is my favorite color. Gotta find that one. Smile
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodents rock! on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:38 pm

abeona wrote:Does anyone know if the blue or colored stuff from WalMart is dusty, too? I'm always so tempted to grab some everytime I walk past it, but I don't like the natural one either.

I like white bedding, I think it looks like snow. lol But holy moly, yellow is my favorite color. Gotta find that one. Smile
The yellow is pretty, it was hard to choose a color as they were all so pretty Very Happy But I chose the mint green color this time. I bet the green and yellow would be pretty together
Rodents rock!

Aries Caffeine Fix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:09 am

@CinnamonPearl wrote:I like the birthday cake Kaytee because it has so many fun colors! I've used white kaytee in a pinch, but it makes me sad. Sad It's just so boring! I'd really like to try new colors sometime, but a lot of the nice and colorful kaytee beddings are scented. Scented = toxic.

That's the one I was originally gonna pick up, it's just the smell. But I guess since I'm using it now, I can use it again. I agree, the white is so, so boring (which is what I'm using now). I'm going to dish out the extra money and get the birthday cake, because a) who doesn't want a splash of color? b) Olimar will be easier to spot, since he's almost completely white! Laughing
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by olimarthemouse on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:11 am

abeona wrote:Does anyone know if the blue or colored stuff from WalMart is dusty, too? I'm always so tempted to grab some everytime I walk past it, but I don't like the natural one either.

Sorry to double post. I've used the blue from WalMart, and it's pretty much just like CareFresh. I love it, but I don't buy it because of the price tag.
olimarthemouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

Sweet Tooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:06 am

@MooMouse wrote:I just recently picked this bedding up from Walmart. It is a little dusty, so I use it in combination with a kaytee clean and cozy paper bedding for my mouse's nest area. I wouldn't recommend using it for the whole tank though.

I just bought a bag of the Critter Care Natural and had no dust issues. However, because Cordelia is used to Kaytee White Clean and Cozy and shredded newspaper, I mixed 50% Critter Care and 50% Kaytee for this week's bedding...had to give her a handful of shredded newspaper so she could make her nest in the ceramic mushroom as nothing but newspaper will do Laughing .

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:09 am

MesaMouse - My mice often show preference for shredded newspaper in their nests over nice, soft tissue paper. I don't get it! Confused what is it with mice and newspaper?!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top