Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Regarding Mabel

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Regarding Mabel

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue May 24, 2016 12:48 pm

I've dealt with feeding live before. I kept frogs for two years, and during that time I had to feed them live crickets, roaches, and mealworms. Call me cruel, but frogs will only take live, moving food, otherwise they would have starved. I'll have to consider getting some live ones for Mabel. I know Little Cow appreciates a live cricket from time to time.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu May 26, 2016 5:53 am

UPDATE: Mabel's gotten really tired. Like, really tired. I had her out today and all she did was just lie on my leg and let me stroke her head. She's just been resting and sleeping. She's acting like how Lilith did in her last week. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but just in case, I'm preparing for the worst. Her weight is down to 33g.

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 am

Sorry to hear this Sad Hopefully it's just the medication making her feel ill? Hang in there Mabel!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu May 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Yeah, I know frogs only eat live food.  That was actually part of the reason that I originally got live food for Lucy, my hamster, when she was so sick and wouldn't eat anything.  I thought it might stimulated her natural instincts to eat.  And it worked, in my case.  My super sick Lucy perked right up when she saw that worm and ate it.  And continued to eat them until she was well.

Aw, hang in there Mabel.  She has been through a lot Stretcher
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 pm

The renutrifying process has begun! I spent a good hour chopping tons of spinach, kale, and broccoli, so I'm set for the next few weeks. We started with kale tonight, and earlier I caught Mabel munching on it happily. So so far, so good!

Edited to add: Okay, I actually have a question that I forgot to ask. About how fast can I expect Mabel to regain her lost weight? I'd hoped she would at least be back in the high 30s to low 40s by now, but she hasn't moved yet. Anyone have any idea?

CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top