Regarding Mabel

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Regarding Mabel

Post by CinnamonPearl on Tue 24 May 2016, 12:48 pm

I've dealt with feeding live before. I kept frogs for two years, and during that time I had to feed them live crickets, roaches, and mealworms. Call me cruel, but frogs will only take live, moving food, otherwise they would have starved. I'll have to consider getting some live ones for Mabel. I know Little Cow appreciates a live cricket from time to time.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Thu 26 May 2016, 5:53 am

UPDATE: Mabel's gotten really tired. Like, really tired. I had her out today and all she did was just lie on my leg and let me stroke her head. She's just been resting and sleeping. She's acting like how Lilith did in her last week. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but just in case, I'm preparing for the worst. Her weight is down to 33g.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu 26 May 2016, 6:34 am

Sorry to hear this Sad Hopefully it's just the medication making her feel ill? Hang in there Mabel!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Thu 26 May 2016, 2:33 pm

Yeah, I know frogs only eat live food.  That was actually part of the reason that I originally got live food for Lucy, my hamster, when she was so sick and wouldn't eat anything.  I thought it might stimulated her natural instincts to eat.  And it worked, in my case.  My super sick Lucy perked right up when she saw that worm and ate it.  And continued to eat them until she was well.

Aw, hang in there Mabel.  She has been through a lot Stretcher
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon 06 Jun 2016, 7:24 pm

The renutrifying process has begun! I spent a good hour chopping tons of spinach, kale, and broccoli, so I'm set for the next few weeks. We started with kale tonight, and earlier I caught Mabel munching on it happily. So so far, so good!

Edited to add: Okay, I actually have a question that I forgot to ask. About how fast can I expect Mabel to regain her lost weight? I'd hoped she would at least be back in the high 30s to low 40s by now, but she hasn't moved yet. Anyone have any idea?

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum