Female mouse genital protrusion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Female mouse genital protrusion

Post by christianchmiel on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:52 pm

I have three does, one of which we have noticed recently has a slender pink/red protrusion coming from her genitals. She is acting completely normal, very active, eating well, etc. If I am able to post pics, I have some. Does anyone have a clue what this could be? She doesn't seem to be in pain but it's obviously not normal. Best way I can describe it; sort of looks like intestine (like a casing) much like a pink hot dog (she is a female!). Earlier we did notice she looked swollen there. Any help would be appreciated.

christianchmiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Female mouse genital protrusion

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:11 am

How old is she? Has she ever given birth? Is she able to poop/pee? Does she have any abdominal tenderness that you can tell?

Just based on the limited information your provided, it sounds like it could be a vaginal prolapse. Sometimes it can involve the bladder, bowel or uterus. i'm not sure what the treatment would be, if any, in a mouse.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:48 am

Sorry to hear about your mouse Sad It does sound like either a prolapse or perhaps some kind of growth/tumour. Does she squeak or react to it being touched? Feel free to attach a picture, but either way, she will need to see a vet.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Mice are extremely good at hiding pain—in the wild, it protects them from predators—so you can't always accept the fact that since she's acting normal, she's fine. This sounds like a super painful thing for her... I'd get her to the vet ASAP.

Anna: He hasn't warmed up, then?
Mary: According to Mr. Napier, he finds me aloof. I'm not aloof, am I?
Anna: (chuckles) Do you want me to answer truthfully, or like a lady's maid?
Mary: Let's move on.
~Downton Abbey, season 4
Artistwolf

Aries Artistic

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 pm

Sounds like a prolapse. Get her to a vet.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top