10 gal or 20 gal?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 10 gal or 20 gal?

Post by CallaLily on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:46 am

I've seen 3 females run together on a medium sized flying saucer. Now they're a bit bigger, I usually only see 2 at once. Mesh wheels are also great for groups of females to share. My girls have a lot of fun on both. They also love the silent spinner and I have seen two run on it together too.

Most female mice will share just fine. My 4 girls have 2 of each but that's only because Seren is a little bit of a meanie sometimes. She's mellowing out though. Very Happy

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 pm

3 mice on a saucer is funny to watch too Very Happy so cute! I haven't used traditional wheels in a long time, but mine have never got flung off of saucers or hurt in any way.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman's Mom on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:17 am

I agree...not sure where you are confusing your information, but for ladies - you certainly don't need one of each of everything for them.  

It is important that you get at least ONE wheel, (6 in in diameter), and that they have toys and things - 2 food dishes is smart - the bottom line - other than the food dishes - you don't need one of everything for each girl.

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:03 am

Update: My grandma got ONE 15 gal, she said that the 20 gal wouldn't fit. She did use the dollar per gallon sale at petco, and so it was only 15$.
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

A 15g gives you a little more space (4" longer than a 10g and 2" wider) so there'll be more room for adding fun stuff for the girls. As several others have said, female mice have no trouble sharing with one another -- when I had 5 girls in a 20L, they all shared the large food bowl, the water bottle, the medium-sized saucer (3 running at once and not always in the same direction Laughing ) and various toys. I have always had more than one hide in a tank, even in the 10g currently housing my remaining two ladies, so they can nap separately if they want but females will generally cuddle together in a big pile so make sure that at least one hide is fairly roomy. Creating a platform for a saucer also provides a nice roomy hide underneath.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GabbiLuvsMice on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Yes, but I had wanted a 10 as a "taming" cage, and then a 20 for later in their lives.
GabbiLuvsMice
Sr Member
Sr Member

Gemini Wishful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CinnamonPearl on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm

You can always return the 15gal and get yourself a 10 and a 20long if you don't like the 15gal. But then again, a 15gal is perfectly fine. Just remember to get a mesh top with locking clips too.

Check out my Etsy shop, CinnamonMouse Crochet!
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:50 pm

I don't think you'll have a problem taming 3 girls in a 15 gallon. I'm sure they'll be very happy in there.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum