Pet Mouse Fanciers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value?

Go down

Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value? Empty Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value?

Post by River on Wed 14 Sep 2016, 11:21 pm

My girls refuse to eat the colored circular pellets within the vitasmart vitakraft seed mix. Left only pellets and some scarce pinch of seeds from 12-6 am....they'd rather starve. Didn't eat it. So I offered their usual seeds. Is it worth trying again or should I leave them alone?

River
River

Pisces Festive

Back to top Go down

Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value? Empty Re: Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value?

Post by MooMouse on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 5:45 am

I feed my mouse Sunseed Vita parakeet and he also refuses to eat the colored pellet things. I have to idea what nutritional value they hold, but I would also like to know.

MooMouse
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

Back to top Go down

Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value? Empty Re: Are the pellets in vitakraft of any nutritional value?

Post by Nioa on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 4:32 am

After taking a quick look here: http://www.petsmart.com/small-pet/food/vitakraft-vitasmart-complete-nutrition-hamster-food-zid36-1920/cat-36-catid-600005 (not sure what mix you get)

It looks like there are a lot of vitamin supplements piled in the ingredients, I'm assuming that's where the colored pellets come in. I can see why they may not taste good, but they may be missing out on essential nutrients; however I'm no expert.
I would try feeding fruits and vegetables that include the vitamins in question. Variety is key!  Yay
Nioa
Nioa

Scorpio Pokemaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down