Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Squeaking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squeaking

Post by River on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:44 am

I'm not sure if this is a vocalization thing - since one of them has always been fairly vocal - but one of the girls has been squeaking. Usually it's while they're getting ready for bed in the morning, in the nest. There was about 2 seconds between each squeak, which doesn't line up with a mouses breathing, so I don't think it's a respiratory problem. It's not the same sound or pitch of a respiratory infection - it's sharp, short. It isn't constant - or common - either.
I can never tell who's doing it or why, as again, usually it's while they're in a box or hide. I've tried to approach them to see who it was and why, but the moment I make even the slightest noise, they both stop and emerge to see what all the noise is.
Is this a normal part of vocalization? Does anyone know what it means? I'm not sure if they could be fighting when they're in the nest, or if it's something else.

Remembering Maier
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Squeaking

Post by CallaLily on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:14 am

Maybe while grooming each other?  I've seen my mice squeak sometimes during that. Sometimes it seems like a "good" squeak. Sometimes it seems like an "ouch!" squeak.  And then occasionally my girls get in little arguments but that usually involves a little bit of chase too.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by River on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:27 am

That's true. Hadn't thought of that,

Remembering Maier
River

Pisces Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:40 am

Yeah that sounds like what it is to me. Hair pulling and bickering mice Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Sounds like grooming squeaks to new as well. Selina is timid and fairly sensitive, and Sally is a rough groomer, and being alpha mouse, Sally likes to make sure everybody stays clean. So when Sally tries to social groom Selina the result tends to be a bunch of short little squeaks like the ones you're describing.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top