laying low this week

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

laying low this week

Post by scaredymouse on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:25 am

I'll be peeking in and reading posts but I'm going to be laying low for the most part this week.  I had surgery yesterday to remove these bad boys from my hip.  Needless to say, I'm a bit sore!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: laying low this week

Post by CallaLily on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 am

Yikes! I hope you're managing your pain well and have a speedy recovery.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Fine

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:22 am

Whoa...they're big!! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

stephlisa
Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Yikes! Hope you feel better soon Smile

Anna: He hasn't warmed up, then?
Mary: According to Mr. Napier, he finds me aloof. I'm not aloof, am I?
Anna: (chuckles) Do you want me to answer truthfully, or like a lady's maid?
Mary: Let's move on.
~Downton Abbey, season 4
Artistwolf

Aries Artistic

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Youch!!! Best wishes scaredymouse, hope you feel well soon.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:32 am

Ouch! Hope you are up and moving around asap!
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm a nurse, so l don't make a great patient. After we left there hospital, we went out for a nice sit down dinner. Then, the day after, I went grocery shopping, made dinner, and cleaned a tank. But it caught up with me, lol. So today I rest!

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Splotchy, Sherberta, Eva, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Wicked screws Shocked ! At least the nine screws in my shoulder are smaller and are in for life! Seriously, take it easy (ha!) -- the beasties can wait an extra day or two for clean tanks.

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:38 pm

I was too excited.  I just found out that I'm finally getting a baby critter.  I've always wanted a baby, like from a breeder, where you get to watch it grow up and nothing bad ever happened to it.  That has never been in the cards for me.  I will always choose the old one, or the one who bites, or was abused/neglected, or sick.  Always.  Which is fine.  But now i was offered a baby!  But I feel good taking it because her mom was a rescue and was very, very pregnant.  So technically, the baby is a rescue too.  So i don't feel bad about overlooking a different rescue animal that needs help.  It makes sense in my head.  I am in total mommy mode, i have her tank all ready.  She's a little dwarf hammie who will grow up to look like my beloved Lucy.  Right now she's being cared for my the Pipsqueakery in Indiana but she will be hand delivered to me in a couple weeks when she's ready.  I can't wait.  The rescue keeps sending me pictures and videos of her little.  What a treat.  You might be wondering if I had a vacancy or something?  Nope.  We're just going to squeeze one more little hammie in here for this rare opportunity for me to get a little baby ham ham.  We put goose back on the dining room table but he *loves* it there.  He gets so much more attention and oddly, him and my cat, Kevin, really like each other.  They will both be smooshed against the glass, pawing at each other.  Goose is so friendly, I'm not sure if he understands that Kevin can eat him.  But for the most part, Kev just likes to sit and watch.  Also, when I found out I was getting a baby, I need a new tank.  So I got a 40g, gave it to Splotchy and felt so awesome about it.  Then switched some stuff around, now Goose has a 29g tall and the baby will have a 20g long with shelves and ramps.  Phew.  Anyway, I've been too excited to rest.  I'm having a baby (hamster)!

here is baby's tank so far

scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Baby haaaaam! How fun scaredymouse Very Happy

I must admit, looking at your hamster pictures is one of the reasons I considered a hamster and got Archie. And BOY DO I LOVE ARCHIE. He is the silliest creature that ever existed. So thanks for that scaredy!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Haha! Love the part about Goose and Kevin. So silly. Smile

How exciting about the baby hamster. Yay! From your pictures, if I wasn't looking forward to being able to get a bigger pet I'd probably want to try a hamster too! Razz
Peachy

Scorpio Busy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Baby ham!!!! She will probably be coming to me a couple days sooner then she should he away from mom... But mom had 8 babies and was malnourished to bring with and probably wouldn't mind getting the little suckers off it her. Plus, they know I'll make sure she gets any extra nutrients she may need asked of course lots of snuggles.

By the Gilly is still alive! As is furgie! 29 months old. Despite how lumpy Gilly is, she still wants to live, so we are just spoiling her everyday until she dies or tells me she's ready to go. But Furgie is actually doing great. Ive had her on metacam and she's a whole new mouse. She must have been suffering from arthritis or something because she has really perked up.

scaredymouse

Virgo Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:51 am

I was wondering about Gilly. That's good to hear Smile Such old ladies!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 am

Aww, that's awesome! Can't wait for baby ham pics!! Heart Eyes And it's so good to hear your two old gals are still loving life.

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Fine

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Boy, the news of the baby ham really perked you up! Dashing around, moving tanks and critters, setting up the baby's "layette" when you should be resting, tsk, tsk! But wholly understandable: an unspoiled baby ham Bliss !!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top