Monster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monster

Post by CinnamonPearl on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:45 am

What was even the point.

Apparently the universe doesn't want me to have mice. So fine. Universe wins. I'm done with these stupid animals I can't even keep alive. I'm throwing out my other tank. Gonna wait for Henry to die (shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks considering my track record!), go to college, and then get an animal that doesn't live two days and then die for no goddamn reason.
CinnamonPearl

Pisces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster

Post by CallaLily on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:18 am

I'm so sorry, Cinna. It's hard losing so many, so quickly. They have such short lifespans, even a good mouse life seems over far too soon to us. Please don't blame yourself. You are an awesome mouse parent and you fight hard to do everything you can to help your mice at the first sign something's wrong.

Wasn't Monster the one that the pet shop claimed was already around 2 years old? Maybe they had it right afterall. I know Monster was lucky to get what time he did with you and he probably loved every bit of it. hugs

Twix, Bacon, Hashbrown, Daryl, Cheeseburger,
Seren, Celyn, and Hazel
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:30 am

I'm sorry to hear about Monster. Such short life spans can be really discouraging for owners, but I'm sure Monster enjoyed his time with you.

Becky's Girls: Becky, Soong, Dotty, Tulip, Ladybug, Petunia, and Posey
Lulie's girls: Lulie, Pearl, Yoko, Cora, Dulcie, Dandy, and BumbleBee
Boys: Yoshi, Frog, and Mika
Peachy

Scorpio Dancing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MooMouse on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:44 am

I'm really sorry for your loss Cinnamon. Even though you are really upset over the fact that Monster died in the short period of time that you had him, you have to remember that you gave him the best life that he could have had in his final days.

With you, he died knowing that he was loved by someone. He wouldn't have been able to do this in the pet store if you didn't adopt him.
MooMouse
Sr Member
Sr Member

1st Place -- January 2017

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cinnamon. There's no reason to be so hard on yourself, though. You knew Monster was old, so it's little surprise his time with you was so short. It sucks you only found out his age after buying, though.

Hopefully Henry will live a full, happy life without much incident and you will change your mind about not keeping more mice in the future.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Sarah (PEW), and Selina (Broken Black)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW) and Lucy (Brindle)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Cinna, I know you're just frustrated and angry which is totally understandable.  But I know you know that you gave Monster the most amazing gift.  It looks like the pet store wasn't kidding when they said he was old man.  At the pet store, no one cared about him.  He didn't have a name.  No one cared if he lived or died.  But with you, he died with a name and he will be missed and rememebered.  Don't forget that.

And Henry is still welcome here, when the time comes.

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Slappy (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry about Monster! Like the others said though, don't be so hard on yourself. Mice have short lives, and before you get them they don't come from good conditions, where people care about them. I hope you'll change your mind about mice, they may be short lived, but they are great animals and bring tons of happiness to us in the short time they are here.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mouseketeers on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:15 pm

The fact that you are so upset and understandably angry means that they had an impact on you, that you enjoyed them. Nothing is ever guaranteed. Maybe their short life spans are the best way to teach us that. To live in the moment.

I am incredibly sorry to hear of all your recent loss.
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumimoe666 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Sad I understand how you're feeling right now, 2 of my mice died this week. Unfortunately mice have such short life spans (Especially if you get them around the same time) and since a lot of them are inbred they can have many problems. No matter how good of a owner you are mice are just delicate creatures and problems can occur that just cant be helped. I hope you feel better, everything will be ok <3

Sol
Marshmallow Love
Illumimoe666

Scorpio Spooky

View user profile http://middyrose.deviantart.com or middyrose.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:20 am

So sorry to hear this. Sounds like the pet store was right after all.

You have done your absolute best to care for your mice. They have died, not because of your negligence, but because they live short lives. I know it must feel awful to have so many go in a short space of time, but it really isn't your fault.

You have showed these animals love and kindness, given them a good home and a happy life. Your efforts were TOTALLY worth it, and I'm sure your mice would agree.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stephlisa on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:35 am

I'm so sorry for all you've been through recently with your mice. It really isn't your fault though, its nothing you've done wrong! You've cared for them, looked after them and given them all a happy life and most importantly they knew you loved them.
Remember to take care of yourself - **hugs**

Sr Member
Sr Member

Aquarius Zen
1st Place -- November 2016

View user profile http://instagram.com/stephanellimouse

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top