CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Possibly pregnant females, seeking advice

Post by southerncharmmice on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm

UPDATE:

Squirmy baby photos:

Both photos are of the yellow female's litter. I decided to wait to handle the black and white female's litter for one more day just to be safe.

The babies are growing so quickly! I can already see color coming in on most of them. I definitely think I will have one at least two almost solid babies(one of which the one on the right in my hand) and a brindle(the middle baby on my hand). They are very squirmy and becoming more vocal. I also saw a lot of good milk bands! Still ten babies.

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:17 pm

Gah, baby pictures make me want to try breeding mice. I know better, though.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncharmmice on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:19 pm

@AnonONIagent wrote:Gah, baby pictures make me want to try breeding mice. I know better, though.

While it is very fun and very cute, I don't think I'd ever breed voluntarily. Especially with my current crew. I'm just glad I got to experience this and help out these two girls and boy Smile

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonONIagent on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:24 pm

@southerncharmmice wrote:
@AnonONIagent wrote:Gah, baby pictures make me want to try breeding mice. I know better, though.

While it is very fun and very cute, I don't think I'd ever breed voluntarily. Especially with my current crew. I'm just glad I got to experience this and help out these two girls and boy Smile
Yeah, I'd have nothing to do with the babies either. Sure, I could keep one or two for myself, but as for the rest of them, I don't know what I'd do. Everyone I've spoken to IRL thinks it's super weird that I keep mice as pets and they despise the poor things.

"Heralds of the coming doom, by cry of raven, we are drawn. This oath of war and vengeance, on blade of exalted iron sworn. With blood-anointed swords aloft, advance we into dread's dark shade. Punishment divine unleashed with hate, a wrathful storm of bolt and blade. Purge with plasma, fist, and shell; bring cleansing fire's righteous breath. For the Emperor, knights of Caliban! The Lion's anointed Angels of Death! No forgiveness. No retreat."

My current mice: Sally (PEW), Selina (Broken Black), and Olivia (Broken Tricolor)

Rainbow bridge: Molly (PEW), Lucy (Brindle), and Sarah (PEW)
AnonONIagent
Sr Member
Sr Member

Scorpio

View user profile http://anononiagent.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:40 pm

Awwww! Love

The only way I'd ever have mouse babies is if I were to adopt an already pregnant doe. So I'll just enjoy all the baby mouse pics here. Ear wiggle

Gerbils: Oghren & Merin / Jeffrey, Geoffrey, & Jeffri /
Hamlet & Horatio / Emrys, Cream, & Hershey / 
Bill & Frances   Hearts  Hamster: Daydream
CallaLily

Aquarius Spooky

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm

Aww, wee little babies. Tender I'm excited to watch the brindle one(s) grow! It's so interesting that you can see you their patterns before they even have fur!

Rescuing pregnant mice is an awesome way to get your baby fix AND stock up on pets for a year or two. Giggling

~Alex, Verity & Finnegan~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncharmmice on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

@AnonONIagent wrote:
@southerncharmmice wrote:

Yeah, I'd have nothing to do with the babies either. Sure, I could keep one or two for myself, but as for the rest of them, I don't know what I'd do. Everyone I've spoken to IRL thinks it's super weird that I keep mice as pets and they despise the poor things.

Yeah, finding homes is the hardest part. Luckily, I have homes lined up for most of the babies and I have room for and intend to keep several Smile

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncharmmice on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

abeona wrote:Aww, wee little babies. Tender I'm excited to watch the brindle one(s) grow! It's so interesting that you can see you their patterns before they even have fur!

Rescuing pregnant mice is an awesome way to get your baby fix AND stock up on pets for a year or two. Giggling

I'm excited to watch the brindle(s) grow also! I think there may be one or two more, but their stripes are not as prominent as the one baby that is photographed above. His stripes look awesome and I'm hoping they stay that way! I am so excited to see what colors they all turn into. I love playing the guessing game with them for now!

And yes, it is! I have my fingers crossed for a good amount of girls Very Happy

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:04 pm

D'awww babies Gift Mouse

Other pets: Little Buddy, Kevin (cats) Sherberta, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, Harold, Spike, Mia, Mim, Henrietta(hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas), Herman/Figaro Whooopers/Burlington (guinea pigs)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie, Fancy Pants, Jellybean, Charlie, Murray, Sally, Maya, Gunther, Lil Smokey, Magnus, Norman, Winnie, Sally, George, Harriet, Spec, Erzulie, Lucille, Agatha and Clementine.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 9:52 pm

So cute!
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncharmmice on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

UPDATE:

What reason would a mother mouse have for moving the entire litter?

I went to handle the black and white mouse's babies today. I got her out of the cage easily and spent some time with her (she is the more docile one) and then put her into a separate cage and room with toys and treats to occupy herself. Well, I went to handle the babies which had previously been in a nesting hide. There were no babies! I freaked out thinking maybe she had cannibalized them all. Keep in mind, these are the babies I have yet to see or touch. I've only been in her cage to feed and water.
Well, I noticed that some bedding in the corner was moving. I picked up the bedding there and the entire litter was in the corner in a new nest. I quickly covered it back up and returned mom and didn't handle them like planned. I don't want to take any chances since she just moved them for no apparent reason.
Why would she have done this? Do you think it is still safe for me to handle her babies now, since they are past the 3 day mark?

I haven't handled the yellow female's litter yet, but I will in a bit and give an update on them!

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artistwolf on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 4:52 pm

I think they just... do that sometimes. It could be that she was feeling a bit insecure in the old spot, and just decided she liked the other place better. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Artistwolf

Aries Busy

View user profile http://artistwolf16.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

Probably for the same reason I have witnessed mice move their house from one side of the cage to the other. Because they want to. For whatever their little mousey reasons are Laughing

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by southerncharmmice on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 8:30 pm

Thank you both! I'm glad to hear that it wasn't something I should be worried about Smile

UPDATE:
So the reason I haven't been using names for the mother mice is because I didn't have any! Well, I think I've finally settled on some! The black and white female will be Jess and the yellow female will be Riley.

Anyways, I did take a opt to hold Jess' litter for a little bit after hearing that it is no big deal that she moved the litter. There are a total of nine healthy and squirmy babies all with great milk bands! Unlike Riley's litter, I can't tell any colors yet.

I handled Riley's litter again and I noticed they're starting to get very tiny and fuzzy fur! It is so cute! The darker ones are looking more and more like they are going to be solids. It looks like I'll have one very nice brindle and possible a minimally marked one. I'll also have some spotted babies too! But, that's all I can tell for now. They are all doing awesome and are very active!

It is crazy how fast these babies grow! They have gotten so big!!

--

On a side note:

When would be a good time to try and sex them? I am super curious to see what genders I ended up with.

Fancy Mice are the best!
southerncharmmice
Jr Member
Jr Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next