Heyyyyyyy

Go down

Heyyyyyyy

Post by Blackthorns on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 10:51 pm

Hey all, I just recently got a mouse on admittedly an impulse. My mom also bought a mouse, although the two live separately. I think my mouse is pregnant, as she has a rather uh, "fluffy" appearance. Its possible shes just REALLY fat but every day I have her (around three now), she seems to be growing rapidly in size around the tummy.

Anyways, her name is Fern, and I'm in love with her, and I mean, how could you not be with a face like this?
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heyyyyyyy

Post by Peachy on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 11:18 pm

Welcome! Mouse Wave

It's recommended to keep girls in at least a pair (a trio is much better) but since you think she might be pregnant that can definitely wait! Have you checked out this section of the forum? It has lots of information about pregnant mice and babies. Smile http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/f17-genetics-breeding

~Pearl, Tulip & Finnegan~
~Alex, Vera & Verity~
~Milo~
Peachy

Scorpio Mellow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackthorns on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:04 am

abeona wrote:Welcome! Mouse Wave

It's recommended to keep girls in at least a pair (a trio is much better) but since you think she might be pregnant that can definitely wait! Have you checked out this section of the forum? It has lots of information about pregnant mice and babies. Smile http://petmousefanciers.forumotion.com/f17-genetics-breeding

Yeah, I would have gotten myself two, but the tank was full of mixed genders and I didn't want to end up with a male x female coming home or two females who were pregnant.
Thank you! My current tank was hastily put together, but assuming she still hasn't given birth by tomorrow night I'll redo it. I have no idea about food though-She's currently been getting scraps in addition to what the store fed her. Bread, plain oatmeal, dog biscuit. Any advice? I'm limited to whatever my petsmart has, really, and I couldn't find a good brand after scanning the nutrition board. I don't know if I should make another thread on her pregnancy or not, but does this appear like a pregnant tummy to any of you guys?
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:45 am

She looks really skinny to me. Pregnant mice look like they swallowed a golf ball, lol.  But, can you get a view of her from above? It would be easier to tell that way. As for the food, VitaKraft parakeet food is the most recommended food for mice. I'm sure PetSmart carries that, don't they?

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackthorns on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:She looks really skinny to me. Pregnant mice look like they swallowed a golf ball, lol.  But, can you get a view of her from above? It would be easier to tell that way. As for the food, VitaKraft parakeet food is the most recommended food for mice. I'm sure PetSmart carries that, don't they?
I heard that some don't and assumed she was since she was kept in a mixed tank.
I'll try to get you the photo tonight after school and work.

Alright, I'll pick it up if they have it. They should since I've seen vitakraft all over my store, but they're weird with foods that they stock.
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 4:28 pm

Welcome Crew

CallaLily

Aquarius No Mood

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackthorns on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 10:23 pm

@CallaLily wrote:Welcome Crew
Thank you!!

------

Here is the photo!
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:08 pm

Hmm, there is a possibility she could be pregnant. Just keep an eye on her, it doesn't look like she's super pregnant, but if she continues to get bigger she very well could be.

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, Petal, Cotton, Sugar, Autumn, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackthorns on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 2:21 pm

@AnonymousMouseOwner wrote:Hmm, there is a possibility she could be pregnant. Just keep an eye on her, it doesn't look like she's super pregnant, but if she continues to get bigger she very well could be.
She does seem like she's gotten chubbier since I got her, which was less than a week ago, probably around 5-6 days ago if I remember off the top of my head. I'll watch her more though.
If she isn't pregnant, I don't know where I'd find another female mouse-the only two petstores in my town sell males (I got her in a town around 3 hours away).
Blackthorns
User Removed

Leo Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum