Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Mice in New Homes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mice in New Homes

Post by theo1231231 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Will mice be a big deal to landlords? because I can imagine that cats and dogs would be a problem, but mice are contained. Has anyone had any trouble moving into a new home because they own mice?

Thanks,

Theo Sparks.
theo1231231

Pisces Procrastinating

View user profile http://theosanimations.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Mice in New Homes

Post by AnonymousMouseOwner on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:00 pm

You would need to ask your landlord if he/she allows small pets. If the answer is no, then I wouldn't risk it. You could be forced to re-home your mice or get kicked out.

Edit: I don't think this belongs in General Health, maybe a moderator should move it..?

Angel Remembering: Violet, Snow, Holly, Lilac, Clover, and Daisy
AnonymousMouseOwner

Creative
1st Place -- December 2016

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIep-VOhEjeTsilL7Sk2fFQ

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:52 am

I have recently moved into a rented house, and was completely honest with the letting agency and landlord about owning small pets (mice and 1 hamster). They were fine with it, and we moved in with no trouble.

It will vary landlord to landlord though, depending on what they're personally comfortable with. Some people really dislike mice. You should express that they are kept in cages that they cannot escape from, and that you clean their cages regularly so they aren't smelly. If they say no, you could ask them what their concerns are and try to reassure him/her.

Good luck!

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianExport on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:10 pm

I am going through this right now, some are an absolute stickler for numbers, so if it says you are allowed 2 pets, they may take that as you can have two mice regardless of whether they are in the same cage or not. I will let you know how this goes as I get closer to actually finding an apartment. I have so far only found two apartments that either specifically say that you can have small animals and the other said no small animals or exotics. Most apartments you are going to have to actually ask management about it, whether they are flexible or not is really going to depend on whether you are dealing with the actual landlord or a third party property manager.

I wish you the best of luck!
CanadianExport
Sr Member
Sr Member

Libra Fine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top