Useful Links
Forum Rules
Please read the forum rules before posting. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Pet Mouse Info
Links to help you find all the care info threads throughout the forum.

Contact
Use this link if you need to get in touch with the administration team without an account.

FAQ (forum)
Frequently Asked Questions about the forum.

Vetective™
Vetective™ is "a community-driven exotic mammal veterinarian locator and review service."

Pet Adoption
ChatBox

Pumpkin Mice - Updates

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pumpkin Mice - Updates

Post by pumpkinmouse on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:32

What a hiatus it's been Laughing
Hope everyone & their fur kids are doing excellent!

The purpose of this board, in theory, is to keep a record of the mice's photos & short updates as I go along. Hopefully this will encourage me to stay more active - I've owned mice for so many years now, it's pretty infrequent that I have any questions about them. However, I do miss the boards :c

I have lost most of my mice this year. Asia, Kash, Aylah, Lychee, Reagan, Cerena & most recently, Pumpkin Spice, Venus & Sequoiah. Pumpkin & Venus were the only two who made it past their first birthdays.
I'm truly becoming sick of the mice in this country. The breeding standards are horrendous, the care available in the pet stores is non existent, & there is still zero breeders. I have chosen to no longer adopt mice who are disabled or sick in an attempt to help them, because I can't handle it anymore amongst the problems my 'healthy' mice keep developing. It has taken me months to work out some of the behavioral issues with my current group, & they're still nowhere near trusting me.
Outside of the obvious issues with health, I used to really enjoy photographing my mice & their habitats. I actually try to coordinate the coat colors of mice I own to complement eachother - like I do with their habitats, my own habitat (haha) & most things in life, lol. The available colors have taken a nose dive. Not even that, the mice now just look... weird. I'm not sure how to explain it, but their faces look strange. My city never had a wide array of options to begin with, but now all there seems to be is these odd looking little guys.

I wish shipping mice in from European lines was an option for me. It's heartbreaking to lose so many little personalities so quickly. It's hard to look back on their videos & pictures & feel like they had the most fulfilling life I could have given them. They keep dying so young. I don't want to give up on owning mice - not only are they the only mammalian pets I can own because of my allergies, but because I understand them... & absolutely adore them. As always, any advice on how I can access healthier mice is always appreciated.

On a less negative note, these are some shots from our last trip outside before the snow started. They are less than thrilled in most of these because of course, as soon as I started taking pictures of them the neighbors started burning leaves Twisted
All of my photos are taken on an iPhone.

Aliyah

Kaelah Peach (I swore I would never own this color)
Still a little beat up from the pet store, weeks later
Nayah - pre nap

Incredibly angry Ferryn (another color I said I would never own)

Peach sniffs, & Valentina who is still kicking - only now completely blind

Kaija

pumpkinmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

View user profile http://instagram.com/honeeymouse

Back to top Go down

Re: Pumpkin Mice - Updates

Post by Mouseketeers on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 04:38

Fantastic photos and they are adorable. I can only imagine how tough it would be with such limited options :/
Mouseketeers
Sr Member
Sr Member

Relaxed

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/mymouseketeers/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andorrici on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 06:33

Aww! I adore all of your mice Smile I'm sorry that the USA's options are not so good anymore, I got my mice from ACE hardware. Do you think they'll suffer problems?
I'm sure that you'll find a place to get you healthier mice Smile I'm rather new to the rodent genre so I wouldn't know.

Sr Member
Sr Member

Sagittarius Worried

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 09:24

They're all so cute! Really great shots too. I'm so sorry for your recent losses.

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaMouse on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 11:20

They are all so beautiful, lovely array of colors!

MesaMouse

Libra Amused

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 16:18

Thank you guys so much for all your kind words! <3
While browsing Instagram today, I found someone in my province (Alberta) who breeds European Great Dane dogs, & also has pictures posted of tri color, fox, chocolate splash & some beautiful brindle litters they bred. Obviously they had them shipped in, because TRI COLOR... holy smokes. I already messaged them. Really hoping now that they'll respond & I'll be able to pick up some mice. My heart is actually pounding. I have wanted tri mice, amongst other things, for yeaaaaaars c:

pumpkinmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredymouse on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 20:26

Such beautiful girls. I'm so, so sorry for all of your losses. I think mice have broken my heart more than any other animals I have ever had... I don't know if it's because they leave so soon or because of the health troubles they endure or watching their hearts break when they lose their friends....

Other pets: Maya, Kevin (cats), Murray, Sherberta, Gunther, Dustin, Lidiya, Chip, Squiggy, Nina, (hamsters), Chloe and Zoey (chinchillas)
Rainbow Angel  Penny, Honeybun, Lucy, Annie, Gilly, Furgie, Tedward Wigglesworth, Olivia, Goose, Sweet Katie, Binky, Delilah, Bitsy, Boopers, Sprout, Splotchy, Eva, Slappy, Shuggie.
scaredymouse

Virgo Sluggish
Best Cage -- December 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 23:10

@scaredymouse wrote:Such beautiful girls.  I'm so, so sorry for all of your losses.  I think mice have broken my heart more than any other animals I have ever had... I don't know if it's because they leave so soon or because of the health troubles they endure or watching their hearts break when they lose their friends....  

Thank you so much scaredy Love
I have to agree with you on that one. I've had a wide array of 'less popular' pets & none of them had quite an impact like mice do. I don't think I could imagine life without them, lol.

pumpkinmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by EverythingAnimal on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 23:25

The breeder near me that closed down this summer had nothing but black tans and tri-colors. I just got a little black tan (that looks more like a black cream) as my third colony girl because she looks like Halloween! Really good pictures.

EverythingAnimal
Sr Member
Sr Member

Spaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MouseLover on Sat 15 Oct 2016, 15:18

Oh my gosh, I missed this post. These pictures are sooo adorable, and so seasonal, I love it Very Happy

The last pic makes a great new avatar too, Pumpkinmouse Very Happy

So sorry to hear of your losses though Sad Mice are such little heart-breakers.

MouseLover

Scorpio Sleepy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinmouse on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 01:57

Fall of last year. All deceased now  Sad

pumpkinmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Mice - Updates (This somehow didn't make it into my original post)

Post by pumpkinmouse on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 02:06

I somehow posted this outside my thread, not sure how to delete /: PLEASE HELP

All taken within the last 2 months <3
Please note the one with bite marks on her tail & ear (Valencia) was brought home like that. I don't tolerate biting mice.

pumpkinmouse
Jr Member
Jr Member

Cancer Elated

Back to top Go down

Post by CallaLily on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 09:20

Really nice pictures and super cute mice!

A mod should be able to merge this post with your original thread, if you want. Wink @ScaredyMouse @Peachy

Mouse12
CallaLily

Aquarius Wishful

View user profile https://www.instagram.com/suz_eliz/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top